Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last couple of blocks for Wednesday away (Friday), selling fast.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
You are right. Not sure if we are getting WU 1/2 but 3/4/5 have sold and 6 has almost sold out.

hilsbro.png

Some lovely pillars to contend with there!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
FFS, please don't let this turn into two forums arguing like a couple of teenage girls!!

1 person said we are struggling to sell 500, which is patently bullsh*t! They're not even on general sale yet.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Got to love Football forums, i frequent both NSC & Owlstalk - both spout the same amount of drivel as each other both seemingly taking what the other says way too seriously, the internet is full of keyboard warriors North or South, we are alot alike even if you don't like to admit it.

Saying that, our dads are more massive than yours. (leaving the door open for fat Northerner jokes)

I once made a comment about liking the Sid James emoji on Owls talk which has been translated into being a smug southerner who doesn't.

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
No matter how much annoying each other there is... if the subject matter rarely gets more sinister than a Sid James emoji then it is probably quite harmless.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Got to love Football forums, i frequent both NSC & Owlstalk - both spout the same amount of drivel as each other both seemingly taking what the other says way too seriously, the internet is full of keyboard warriors North or South, we are alot alike even if you don't like to admit it.

Saying that, our dads are more massive than yours. (leaving the door open for fat Northerner jokes)

Quite right. Also "their forum says" = a handful of life's more unfortunates say rather than an entire fanbase. All the best Wednesday, I hope we beat you but even if we don't that will not mean you are all fick norverners on benefits.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

WoodyOwl

Mar 10, 2016
Worthing
Agreed, one of the best. It's hilarious. They're just having a laugh. A lot of people just don't seem to get it and think they're being serious.

I've said to my Albion work colleague before that Wednesday & Albion must have 2 of the best forum platforms in the league in terms of sheer volume, participation and comedy value - some clubs forums are just plain crap or spread out on 4-5 different forums.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Some of our thread headliners should write for the tabloids:

'Owlstalk reckon we are struggling to sell 500 tickets....'

One person did, backed up by few, questioned by more.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Agreed, one of the best. It's hilarious. They're just having a laugh. A lot of people just don't seem to get it and think they're being serious.

From the last couple of weeks spending more time looking at messageboards of opposing teams than I ever have before, I'd say that isn't just an Owlstalk thing, but a football messageboard thing.

There have been numerous occasions where I have seen fans off Burnley, Boro, Derby and, now, Wednesday take things from these pages literally, when they were written with a huge amount of tongue in cheek.

Beyond that, an opposing fan will see an Albion fan write "I'm hopeful we can win it" and scuttle back to their own messageboard to relay that all Brighton fans are cocky, arrogant and think we'll hammer their team.

Alternatively, it could be because fans of those clubs speak bizarre derivations of English. They don't understand us and we don't understand them.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I hope we dont sell all our tickets i will have somewhere to to put my huge drum during the half time pigeon racing gala

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Aahh but our Dads will shag your Dads...

Shamless rip off from Frankie Boyle :)

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
From the last couple of weeks spending more time looking at messageboards of opposing teams than I ever have before, I'd say that isn't just an Owlstalk thing, but a football messageboard thing.

There have been numerous occasions where I have seen fans off Burnley, Boro, Derby and, now, Wednesday take things from these pages literally, when they were written with a huge amount of tongue in cheek.

Beyond that, an opposing fan will see an Albion fan write "I'm hopeful we can win it" and scuttle back to their own messageboard to relay that all Brighton fans are cocky, arrogant and think we'll hammer their team.

Alternatively, it could be because fans of those clubs speak bizarre derivations of English. They don't understand us and we don't understand them.

Yes 100%. Like our thread praising Boro's support on Saturday and then the Boro fans pick up the one post saying it was because from a lower class out of loads of posts praising them. It's the same across all the forums. People pick out individual comments and there's no context and often any humour or tounge in cheekiness is lost on them. A lot of these clubs fans seem to think we hate them, couldn't be further from the truth. If we were not involved in the play-offs, the only side I wouldn't have wanted to go up as Hull. Nothing personal with them just nice to have a different club up rather than a side just relegated.

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
Yes 100%. Like our thread praising Boro's support on Saturday and then the Boro fans pick up the one post saying it was because from a lower class out of loads of posts praising them. It's the same across all the forums. People pick out individual comments and there's no context and often any humour or tounge in cheekiness is lost on them. A lot of these clubs fans seem to think we hate them, couldn't be further from the truth. If we were not involved in the play-offs, the only side I wouldn't have wanted to go up as Hull. Nothing personal with them just nice to have a different club up rather than a side just relegated.

As someone on this thread already pointed out, that's how journalism works and quite frankly some of the amateur attempts at 'journalism' I've witnessed on football forums have been better than some of the crap churned out by National newspapers and other online news platforms. 

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I bought mine last night, when there was only two blocks available: WU6 and WU7. I'm working on the assumption that these were the only two blocks still available (disabuse me of this assumption if it's wrong) and, if this is the case, then owlstalk is wrong. Wrong on this, that is. It couldn't possibly be wrong on anything else :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here