Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last couple of blocks for Wednesday away (Friday), selling fast.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
What's an Owl Stalk ?

amason_ukbc_25012011_089.jpg

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I don't think that's fair at all. I'd say we're probably one of the more exciting teams in the league to watch this season, we've played some excellent football and many teams would back that up. We just like to be quite different tactically when coming up against the better teams, it's strange to some teams that sometimes we completely change our style of play to suit the opposition but it's got us where we need to be.

Our game at the Amex was atrocious, we were just as much to blame but tactically it was pretty clear what your team wanted to do - bore everyone and draw 0-0. If that's what your manager and team wanted to do, then congratulations - you've achieved it, you snuck into 6th with a very good defensive record. But the few times I've watched Wednesday this season, you haven't scored a goal and Forestieri, who was fantastic against us for Watford a couple of years ago, looked like a player stuck in a rigid system which didn't allow him to do a great deal. Obviously I haven't seen all of the games, or highlights, etc. I really wouldn't want to.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think we are likely to be able to gauge demand for tickets to away games for our club better than some absolute bell cheese on their board. We've been given 2,000, and as luck would have it, that feels about par for this one. If they'd given us more tickets, I don't think we'd have sold them, but 2,000 is about right IMO.

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
Our game at the Amex was atrocious, we were just as much to blame but tactically it was pretty clear what your team wanted to do - bore everyone and draw 0-0. If that's what your manager and team wanted to do, then congratulations - you've achieved it, you snuck into 6th with a very good defensive record. But the few times I've watched Wednesday this season, you haven't scored a goal and Forestieri, who was fantastic against us for Watford a couple of years ago, looked like a player stuck in a rigid system which didn't allow him to do a great deal. Obviously I haven't seen all of the games, or highlights, etc. I really wouldn't want to.

Obviously I don't expect you to know everything about us, nor do I profess that you should but I have to say that 75% of our season has been completely the opposite of what you state. Forestieri has had the best season of his career and has been given the freedom to do what he wants in most games. What may have frustrated you and even some of our own fans is the way we've not always been confident enough to go to the top teams in the league and play with our usual freedom, instead opting to be solid and defensive. So, understandably that's what you've seen.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Obviously I don't expect you to know everything about us, nor do I profess that you should but I have to say that 75% of our season has been completely the opposite of what you state. Forestieri has had the best season of his career and has been given the freedom to do what he wants in most games. What may have frustrated you and even some of our own fans is the way we've not always been confident enough to go to the top teams in the league and play with our usual freedom, instead opting to be solid and defensive. So, understandably that's what you've seen.

To be fair, we've done the same thing. We went to Hull and bored our way to a 0-0 draw, I dare say our tactics were similar at Hillsborough earlier in the season. Unfortunately, I suspect a game of few chances on friday night and probably on monday night as well. I'm coming up for the game anyway, play-off matches don't come around overly often and you never when an early goal will go in and make a match of it. I think we can all agree that an early goal would do no harm if we want an entertaining game, although I suspect that both teams would accept a 0-0 draw to make it a one off game at the Amex.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
They really have that horrible Yorkshire trait of trying to convince one and all how big a club they are...Leeds are the same..An inferiority complex would be the diagnosis!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The only prediction I am going to make is that this tie is going to be attritional gubbins that most neutrals will struggle to watch and some of those will be wondering how the hell either team finished so high in the league.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
It will be what it will be.

Maybe people who spent £100+ each going to Middlesbrough and are looking at £30 + spends on Monday may just be hoping they need to keep a little cash back in case fortune favours us getting an expensive trip to Wembley as well ?

It's only the 1st leg on Friday, I can see the temptation to watch it on the TV.

That's pretty much it. I can watch it at a pub in Brighton with my friends and save a lot of time and money, as well as avoid having to take a day's holiday to get up there. Boro was a very long way to travel and while Sheffield isn't quite the same distance, it's still not all that enjoyable to travel long distances twice in the space of week, using up money I'd rather save for any potential trip to Wembley.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
On both occasions we have played Sheff W this season a point at the time was perfect for both sides weirdly, and neither side really seemed that interested in winning.

These 2 games will be very different, certainly the 2nd leg will be as both sides will know whats required.

I have a horrible feeling we will get done on Pens, cant see us losing but see fate conspiring us still....

I seriously need to be more positive, if both sides play to there maximum we will win

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
To be fair, we've done the same thing. We went to Hull and bored our way to a 0-0 draw, I dare say our tactics were similar at Hillsborough earlier in the season. Unfortunately, I suspect a game of few chances on friday night and probably on monday night as well. I'm coming up for the game anyway, play-off matches don't come around overly often and you never when an early goal will go in and make a match of it. I think we can all agree that an early goal would do no harm if we want an entertaining game, although I suspect that both teams would accept a 0-0 draw to make it a one off game at the Amex.

An early goal for either side will completely turn the open up the first leg in my opinion. It'd be a surprise if we were to get it, we've score 20 (ish) first half goals and over 40 second half goals this season which indicates a little how we play. Might be your best chance to get a result at Hillsborough if you come out all guns blazing but that'd be a brave thing to do in the opening leg, we wouldn't do that if the shoe was on the other foot.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Sheff Weds used to be relevant.

20 years ago.

WoodyOwl

Mar 10, 2016
Worthing
Got to love Football forums, i frequent both NSC & Owlstalk - both spout the same amount of drivel as each other both seemingly taking what the other says way too seriously, the internet is full of keyboard warriors North or South, we are alot alike even if you don't like to admit it.

Saying that, our dads are more massive than yours. (leaving the door open for fat Northerner jokes)

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
Got to love Football forums, i frequent both NSC & Owlstalk - both spout the same amount of drivel as each other both seemingly taking what the other says way too seriously, the internet is full of keyboard warriors North or South, we are alot alike even if you don't like to admit it.

Saying that, our dads are more massive than yours. (leaving the door open for fat Northerner jokes)

I don't like to admit it...

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Not sure if I'm right in saying, but...

We have sold at least blocks WU3, WU4 and WU5 (I didn't see options WU1+2 at any stage)

Tickets available in WU6 but in row 25 so only just over 10 rows of this block left too?

If you look at the stadium plan surely that only leaves WU7 left which doesn't look all that big...

You are right. Not sure if we are getting WU 1/2 but 3/4/5 have sold and 6 has almost sold out.

hilsbro.png

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
An early goal for either side will completely turn the open up the first leg in my opinion. It'd be a surprise if we were to get it, we've score 20 (ish) first half goals and over 40 second half goals this season which indicates a little how we play. Might be your best chance to get a result at Hillsborough if you come out all guns blazing but that'd be a brave thing to do in the opening leg, we wouldn't do that if the shoe was on the other foot.

Nope, we'll sit back into a nice defensive shape - send up the big lad from the back for the corners and hope that Knockaert, Skalak or Kayal make some magic happen from midfield. Or maybe Steve Sidwell will do the business. We'll see, but let's none of us expect too many goals. Or shots. The second leg is what the tie is all about anyway really.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

Bang on. All this stuff about how people who support different clubs are any different to us is utter bollocks. We've actually got far more in common than non-football supporting locals. Football Forums and Social Media in that respect are hilarious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here