Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Las Vegas - Stag Weekend

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Some hotels have lobbies full of people who will try and collar you as you check-in to promote various offers, usually cheap tickets to shows. They come with strings attached, i.e. a long time-share presentation. Avoid! Despite appearances these people do not work for the hotels.

The Wynn has some fantastic looking suites with mid-week rates that can be a fraction of the weekend rates. If you are savvy you could bag a luxury suite for a similar cost of a standard room in a 5 star London Hotel.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
Am off to Las Vegas soon for a 5 day long stag weekend.

Any do's/dont's? Any must places to see.

I am definitely going to the Grand Canyon, anywhere else that's a must for a stag party in Vegas?

For cheap show tickets check out:-
Tix 4 Tonight Box Offices in Las Vegas
Showcase Mall - South Strip at the base of the giant Coke Bottle just north of the MGM Grand Hotel, across from New York New York
Good deals

Or use the coupons which are widely available, including within your hotel tv guide.

ps seeing as you are in a stag group, your problem whilst staying in Vegas won't be that of touts trying to sell you timeshare

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
I am comtemplating taking the missus to Vegas over Easter next year.

I cannot decide between Vegas and New York.

Vegas should be warm in April, lots to do in the evening, but unsure about daytime.

New York will be more like UK, but will have plenty to do and see day and night.

Or we could just do a european break.

Help persude me to make a decision.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
my stag was in vegas

did not sleep for 48 hours

absolute quality.

stayed in new york new york

their tag line was 'permission to mis behave- granted'

that says it all really!!

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I went to a dueling pianos bar in New York, New York and it was bloody fantastic although not my best Vegas story.

We were leaving our hotel (The Luxor) on the last day and not being a gambler myself I had spent virtually nothing on the slots. I decided that i should get rid of some change on the video poker slots near the check in desks.

I stuck about my third quarter in and got a flush 2, J, Q, K and Ace of spades... a win of about 60 quid. I was foolishly persuaded to gamble the two to try and get the 10 of spades for a Royal Flush.....

... and in it bloody came!!!

Me and my mate went nuts in a 'winner against Palace' type of way much to the annoyance of the yanks.

Machine went crazy and a girl dressed as a playboy bunny came over with a silver tray with $2000 on it... paid for the whole 3 week holiday.

"Compliments of the Luxor" she said.

Brilliant.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I went to a dueling pianos bar in New York, New York and it was bloody fantastic although not my best Vegas story.

We were leaving our hotel (The Luxor) on the last day and not being a gambler myself I had spent virtually nothing on the slots. I decided that i should get rid of some change on the video poker slots near the check in desks.

I stuck about my third quarter in and got a flush 2, J, Q, K and Ace of spades... a win of about 60 quid. I was foolishly persuaded to gamble the two to try and get the 10 of spades for a Royal Flush.....

... and in it bloody came!!!

Me and my mate went nuts in a 'winner against Palace' type of way much to the annoyance of the yanks.

Machine went crazy and a girl dressed as a playboy bunny came over with a silver tray with $2000 on it... paid for the whole 3 week holiday.

"Compliments of the Luxor" she said.

Brilliant.

Blimey! :ohmy:

Luxor is SPLENDID!

Only time I ever played an eight foot high fruit machine. Or went on an underground Nile-themed boat cruise round a hotel. Or eat and drank so well for so little money. Vegas has to be the best free entertainment show on earth. Funny thing is, yer actual gambling ain't that much of a draw for a Brit. The slots are strictly no-nudge old-skool, and, OK, there's only a couple of places where yanks can legally gamble, and I can see the attraction, but for a Brit in Vegas the best stuff to see BY FAR takes place off the gaming floor.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Vegas is f***ing ace.
Staggy things to do would include one of the girly shows, most of the hotels have them with varying degrees of taste. Also vegas has some great thrill rides, the new york coaster is good and obviously the rides atop the stratosphere.
Vegas also has plenty of gun ranges which can be good fun, on my stag we booked through topguntours.
My favorite bar was on the top floor of THEhotel, great views over the city esp at night.

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
I am comtemplating taking the missus to Vegas over Easter next year.

I cannot decide between Vegas and New York.

Vegas should be warm in April, lots to do in the evening, but unsure about daytime.

New York will be more like UK, but will have plenty to do and see day and night.

Or we could just do a european break.

Help persude me to make a decision.

Really, it MUST be New York.

Vegas is great for stag weekends, piss ups, lads holidays etc, but in a sober reality it is HORRIBLE. I have been many times but have always had enough after 2/3 days.

Do yourself, and your wife, a favour and go to New York. it's GREAT. loads to do/see great bars with live music, great restaurants. You can walk to every zone in Manhattan very easily and each one offers something different.

In Vegas all you have is a very plastic, cheap and cheesy atmosphere

sureyyathegodofthephonein

nsc most loved
Apr 26, 2008
Having sex in a skip
yh i got some advice be careful when you walk through customs the old Bill over there are scum
and they will do anything to make you feel uncomfortable
I know this from going there on a school trip as a 15 year old lad
and my fingers getting all tense when having my finger prints taken

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
yh i got some advice be careful when you walk through customs the old Bill over there are scum
and they will do anything to make you feel uncomfortable
I know this from going there on a school trip as a 15 year old lad
and my fingers getting all tense when having my finger prints taken

Thanks for your input Osama:lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We are thinking about some 'winter sun', initially Cyprus, but I couldn't believe some of the Vegas prices.
They are the same or even cheaper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here