Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Largest crowd this season V Cardiff?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Still think bums on seats this season are higher than last so far and not sure in what way we are underachieving though ? As well as being near top in average attendance, suspect we are also pretty close in % of seats filled each game. What would 'achieving' look like ? Sell out every game ?

The figures are down on last year for 2 major reasons.

Firstly there are nearly 3000 fewer season ticket holders. Although the reality is is this has hardly affected bums on seats as I suspect the majority of those who did not renew were not coming to many games anyhow.

Thus this season the reported figure is much closer to the real figure.

Secondly, we simply have not had any of the big visitors yet. Had the away end been a complete sellout this weekend there would currently only be a couple of hundred tickets available.

With our great form, some good ticket promotions by the club and visitors in decent numbers I think the numbers will climb and we have every chance of surpassing both Derby's and Leeds averages.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Quote Originally Posted by SAC View Post
There used to be 60,000 working class supporters week in week out with at least the same number locked out.

Try telling the younger fans this and they wont believe you.

Literally a lie
Our record crowd is 36,000

More of a piss take of a certain poster who bangs on about historic crowds and working class fans.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Monster beers queues and pies sold out around 2pm.

Don't say you weren't told

Ps Don't tell the Caterers, then they can say the huge numbers were a surprise

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm expecting PIE CARNAGE.

Got locked out of the Goldstone once. That cup match against Pompey. We'd stayed in the pub way too long. A couple of my mates got in the West. I ended up in a garden in Goldstone Lane surrounded by some of their naughty boys. Luckily one was so pissed he thought he recognised me. Like the Fake Sheikh I made my excuses and left and went back to the pub.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Fans are getting use to the luxury of a new stadium compared to Gillingham and Withdean.
The novelty fades to a certain extent so crowds go down.
They get use to playing the bigger teams in the Championship as opposed to Div 1.
The Prem will surely sell out the Amex.

Also prices are high.Perhaps at the Goldstone ticket prices were lower in relation to wages.I don't know.
I'm taking my son Sat and tickets,travel,pie etc and thats £70 gone.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Fans are getting use to the luxury of a new stadium compared to Gillingham and Withdean.
The novelty fades to a certain extent so crowds go down.
They get use to playing the bigger teams in the Championship as opposed to Div 1.
The Prem will surely sell out the Amex.

Also prices are high.Perhaps at the Goldstone ticket prices were lower in relation to wages.I don't know.
I'm taking my son Sat and tickets,travel,pie etc and thats £70 gone.

Away support for several of the prem teams will make a big difference........plenty will sell out large allocations

I never had the misfortune to be locked out completely. Blackpool in 1978 the North Stand was full by 1.30pm and we had to leg it round the East. That day there were reportedly 25,000 who didn't get in.

25,000 eh? I was at the match, I remember the announcements as turnstyles were being closed instructing those outside to make there way to the East Terrace where they were still open. It could have been 2,500 locked out but I'd guess it was nearer 250

(This 25,000 may well have been invented by The Major unaware that only 15,000 was required to beat that Palace Burnley attendance)

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Away support for several of the prem teams will make a big difference........plenty will sell out large allocations

And more given the opportunity
For their first visit I'd think that :
Arsenal, Spurs, United, Liverpool 'could' sell 10,000
Hammers, Palace, Saints, City, Chelsea 5,000 +

Does anyone know if it's POTD for Cardiff on Saturday?

I'd be surprised if it isn't.

My source for the 3000 STH's not renewing was that I seem to remember a report around August saying nearly 90% had renewed.

I took that to possibly to mean closer to 85% hence my nearly 3k figure.

The gates / bums on seats so far this season seem to back this up. Not sure if there is a way to find out from the club the exact 1901 and season ticket numbers ?

Now available are :-

North - 113
WSL - 237
WSU - 316
South - 176 (plus extra blocks available)
ESL - 263
ESU - 549

Good 400 gone in the last 22 hours.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And more given the opportunity
For their first visit I'd think that :
Arsenal, Spurs, United, Liverpool 'could' sell 10,000
Hammers, Palace, Saints, City, Chelsea 5,000 +

First visit of that season? Arsenal, Liverpool, West Ham, Palace & Saints have all played league or cup games here previously, plus Chelsea & Spurs in friendlies. So not such a novelty for them.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I hope the pitch is OK after the rugby? It was not looking very good during the Rotherham game, divots and such-like.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
We are not matching tickets SOLD for last year. I'd estimate that the actual attendances are as high as they were in the 12/13 season.

This and just about every other attendance statistic emphasises the towering importance of maintaining the huge season ticket holder base generated by the campaign for the stadium, the actual building of it and the inspired marketing campaign in 2011. The fact that every other retail/leisure organisation my family has an account with communicates with me more energetically, frequently and professionally than the Albion has done suggests that this simple fact was not appreciated by Paul Barber when he joined the club in 2012.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
First visit of that season? Arsenal, Liverpool, West Ham, Palace & Saints have all played league or cup games here previously, plus Chelsea & Spurs in friendlies. So not such a novelty for them.

'That' relates to a EPL match (ie 'important' and 3 or 6 months notice)

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I'd be surprised if it isn't.

My source for the 3000 STH's not renewing was that I seem to remember a report around August saying nearly 90% had renewed.

I took that to possibly to mean closer to 85% hence my nearly 3k figure.

The gates / bums on seats so far this season seem to back this up. Not sure if there is a way to find out from the club the exact 1901 and season ticket numbers ?

Now available are :-

North - 113
WSL - 237
WSU - 316
South - 176 (plus extra blocks available)
ESL - 263
ESU - 549

Good 400 gone in the last 22 hours.

Great stats

Interesting that of that 400 North has sold just 25 singles compared to the more expensive WSL that has room for buying 2/4/6 or more together & has shifted 242.
In effect, the NS is sold out (as 'full' employment <=3%) and if it was bigger hundreds more would be in there, buying doubles upwards
Also hints that the price elasticity may not be as high as thought, with many paying double or treble the £10 offer price that was running.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here