Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Largest crowd this season V Cardiff?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Has anybody on NSC been locked out of the Goldstone on a match day.!
I never had the misfortune to be locked out completely. Blackpool in 1978 the North Stand was full by 1.30pm and we had to leg it round the East. That day there were reportedly 25,000 who didn't get in.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think we need to hand out a couple of THRASHINGS before we fill the stadium personally. A couple of big victories rather than 1 goal wins are needed to motivate the fair weather fans ( and we are blessed with an abundance of them in Sussex)

Although we are top of the table I don't see a big spike in attendance coming up, sadly.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think we need to hand out a couple of THRASHINGS before we fill the stadium personally. A couple of big victories rather than 1 goal wins are needed to motivate the fair weather fans ( and we are blessed with an abundance of them in Sussex)

Although we are top of the table I don't see a big spike in attendance coming up, sadly.
Our lack of thrashings is the one thing that makes me doubt our ability to stay in the top 2. And it's not good for my nerves either!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No idea, my guess is they will bring 1,200.

0845 345 1400 - that's their ticket line if you want to find out.

Probably not the best week to ring a Welsh number and ask a question in an English accent :(

Personally, I just want to know if Sam & the lads will be doing a lap of honour

#OneForTheKidsThere

1901Phil

Feb 1, 2012
Tunbridge Wells
I first watched in 1956 and can remember the Goldstone being packed with an all standing crowd of ( I think ) 30,000 ish
Not sure they were all working class
There used to be 60,000 working class supporters week in week out with at least the same number locked out.

Try telling the younger fans this and they wont believe you.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I never had the misfortune to be locked out completely. Blackpool in 1978 the North Stand was full by 1.30pm and we had to leg it round the East. That day there were reportedly 25,000 who didn't get in.

One of my very first games and was nicely settled into the North Stand by 1.00 (where do I go for a pee?) Even today it ranks as the most memorable of all the games (Ex play offs) I've been to.

Am I right in thinking if we'd beaten B'pool by 7 then it didn't matter what Stains - Spurs did? I recall thinking that 7 was going to be needed and had real (teenage) confidence that we would do it :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here