Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Large protest tonight Brighton!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Protesting for hours unhindered by Plod railing against the oppressive fascist Police state they now live in or Kale and Muesli shortages at Waitrose?

You should have seen the organic pear shortage riots of 1998. Western Road was closed for days.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
That’s absolutely your right, and I respect you for it, lots of people are happy to live a peaceful life and go with the flow, thankfully throughout history not everyone has the same train of thought as you do and stood up for what they believe in, otherwise we could already be living in a very different world.

Well apart from world wars ( I’m an ex servicemen before you use that one) in the last 100 years what has been successfully protested that changed the world that I live in , genuine question and happy to be educated[emoji106]

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It doesn’t matter if there was or wasn’t this new Bill would have given the Police the right to stop the Goldstone protests. It will give them the right to Wade in and stop any protest.

Read this. Up to TEN years in prison because they might think you have been an “annoyance” or a “nuisance” on a protest? WTF.

cf81fc347950c9d8eeeed94ed1b0d533.jpg

This is actually Orwellian society being ushered in on the sly, possibly the start of the biggest threat to our liberty since Hitler and the majority are so docile after a year of lapping up everything the Govt tell them that they aren’t even aware that they are about to lose one of their core human rights and are actually criticising people for trying to do something about it.

I say well done to all those that have actually taken the time to understand and taken to the streets to let this absolute shit show of government for sneaking this is in know this won’t be easy.

Kill the Bill!

The 'serious annoyance and serious inconvenience' bits definitely need to go.

franks brother

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Why living in England do we really need to protest about anything . I don’t have any concerns and if I did , I certainly don’t think marching with a lot of people I don’t know will make any difference. There are plenty of other more useful ways to protest if you are so inclined , like letter writing or lobbying .

Protesters are 'annoying'. So we just made being 'annoying' against the law. It's so simple. If only everyone thought like you.

If ever you feel the government is trying to curb an ancient and important right, and punishing mild transgressions with jail sentences that are hugely disproportionate to others, just write a letter.

And don't forget, the protesters are only nasty and the authorities are always lovely. Like that nice policeman who smashed that journalist in the head for being naughty and reporting on what was going on.

Ms Patel is on her way from London to give you your Blue Peter badge.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
That’s absolutely your right, and I respect you for it, lots of people are happy to live a peaceful life and go with the flow, thankfully throughout history not everyone has the same train of thought as you do and stood up for what they believe in, otherwise we could already be living in a very different world.

Historically you certainly have a point but in 2021 when the tolerance level is so strict you get reprimanded for not understanding binary isn’t only about computers there isn’t really many good reasons to bother yourself to go on a march not in England anyway . Some other countries , yes but mostly non European ones but not here . I don’t think some people realise how lucky we are .

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Sorry, meant recently.

Assuming I have another 30 years left on the planet, of which the last 20 I will be aged between 70-80 I genuinely don’t think much will happen to get me aroused and onto the street, do you?

Unless they scrap the free bus pass that the boomers have all been enjoying [emoji23]

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Protesters are 'annoying'. So we just made being 'annoying' against the law. It's so simple. If only everyone thought like you.

If ever you feel the government is trying to curb an ancient and important right, and punishing mild transgressions with jail sentences that are hugely disproportionate to others, just write a letter.

And don't forget, the protesters are only nasty and the authorities are always lovely. Like that nice policeman who smashed that journalist in the head for being naughty and reporting on what was going on.

Ms Patel is on her way from London to give you your Blue Peter badge.

Historically you have a point but in 2021 living in England we have some of the most lenient laws in the world , and the most laid back police force compared to many other countries ,hardly anything to get worked up about .

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Assuming I have another 30 years left on the planet, of which the last 20 I will be aged between 70-80 I genuinely don’t think much will happen to get me aroused and onto the street, do you?

But isn't this because you see others protesting "on your behalf"?
And if there was something you cared strongly about yet nobody protested about it? Might you get aroused and onto the streets then?

I see where you're coming from because I can't be arsed about anything but I'm glad there are some out there who are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here