Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lance Corporal James Brynin

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC 35s
#BHAFC players will wear black armbands in memory of Lance Corporal James Brynin at Yeovil Town this Saturday. #WeWillRememberThem

Good stuff. Appropriate and prompt tribute from the club.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Horrible news. A 22-year-old should have decades of Brighton games ahead of him - and all the other things that make life worthwhile. Hate hearing about young soldiers having it all snatched away.

Mattlavington

May 18, 2012
Storrington
Went to school with Jay, really good lad, and a cracking football player. Last saw him 3 years ago, went to Charlton away with him when we won 4 nil. Can't believe the news, such a sad day. RIP

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've tweeted @OfficialBHAFC to ask if there will be a minutes silence before the Watford game.

Whilst I completely understand your sentiment, and with nothing but total respect for James, I wonder if the Albion might prefer to avoid going down that route. The silences tend to be reserved for club employees, players and so on. It's a difficult subject and no right or wrong answer.

Personally, I think the black armbands are both traditionally respectful and appropriate.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Thank you for making the ultimate sacrifice fella! We really aren't worthy!

We will remember you!

And well done BHAFC on a fitting tribute!

You may tell them all that we stand or fall for Sussex by the Sea!

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
The club and the Royal British Legion have very close links.

For the Poppy Appeal the club have a number of plans for the Blackburn game, and maybe something could be added so we can all pay our respects to this brave lad who was one of our own.

TB

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Looking at NSC user records, it looks likely that James was a registered NSC user, although he had never posted.

Very sad indeed.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
RIP - very sad. Especially with the recent timing of the retweet on the club account of his flag.

Its no age to be involved in a war like this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here