Lance Armstrong ends fight against doping charges

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I agree. That said there is absolutely no chance I will watch this, it is going to be stage managed BS from beginning to end and edited to f*** for legal reasons. If it was live and the interviewer was someone with an ounce of journalistic integrity I might have considered it but I am not watching more Armstrong propaganda. I've seen enough of that over the last decade.

The way Tiger Woods managed that 'press conference'... Armstrong on Oprah? *sigh*

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Remind me, when is the Oprah interview - UK time.

I was really dismissive but I can't help thinking curiosity will get the better of me.
Then the sweep stake should be, how long will I last?

I got it wrong in my last reply. For some reason I moved it on a day. It is 2am on Friday morning (thursday night).

It will air on the discovery channel (sky channel 520) at 2am, and will be repeated on friday night at 8pm. (Titled "Oprah Winfrey & Lance Armstrong A World Wide Exclusive" if you want to search for it by title)

(it is listed as airing on Oprah's website at 2am and 5am, I don't know if that will be region protected, though)

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
McQuaid & Verbruggen

I don't believe his was the only team with systematic a doping structure, and we both know the 'fact' he was never caught is untrue. I hope (but don't expect) that he gives both barrels to the UCI. Verbruggen and McQuaid have a lot of questions to answer, and no place in cycling.

Arrogance, pig headedness etc, thought that other entry was talking about the barons at the UCI. They are the biggest crooks, with all the knowledge they need to deal with issues in the sport. Now her s a fact, one of my riders who won Gent - Wevelgem, informed me that when he was at a certain French team, sponsored by a telephone finance company, doping was endemic. No dope, no ride, who rode for that team under the same management, yes David Millar, Rob Hughes and that guy with the huge sideburns9Check out my name on here). Who was having dinner with David Millar when he was arrested, oh that ll be Sir D B. If he didn;t know he should have! Drugs doping in the sport I can tell you enough to fill a book, but like S Y, I have honour. Lance first among equals, and so much of the comment on him is so i'll informed. Go on Lance Blow the top of this sham!!!!!!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Arrogance, pig headedness etc, thought that other entry was talking about the barons at the UCI. They are the biggest crooks, with all the knowledge they need to deal with issues in the sport. Now her s a fact, one of my riders who won Gent - Wevelgem, informed me that when he was at a certain French team, sponsored by a telephone finance company, doping was endemic. No dope, no ride, who rode for that team under the same management, yes David Millar, Rob Hughes and that guy with the huge sideburns9Check out my name on here). Who was having dinner with David Millar when he was arrested, oh that ll be Sir D B. If he didn;t know he should have! Drugs doping in the sport I can tell you enough to fill a book, but like S Y, I have honour. Lance first among equals, and so much of the comment on him is so i'll informed. Go on Lance Blow the top of this sham!!!!!!!!
OK I'll play along for 1 little point, then I'm done, as this is looking very wind up to me, plus half of it doesn't make sense.

But Dave B was having dinner with Millar when he got busted.
To his absolute credit, he did the one thing most people won't have done, he stuck by the British ride in the shit, instead of turning his back, and running out of town, asap.
For that Millar will always be eternally grateful, and it says so much about the man.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Not a wind up, my rider N M won Gent - Wevelgem, took it in the last 0.5K, Check your records on Cofidis. To his credit Sir D B stood by Millar, there s more in that than you might know. he didn't stick by S Y though did it. Sir D B is machiavelian manager. The pos on Sky will be a difficult one, Rob Hayles dubious at a World Cup at Manchester and never rode for GB again. If you know your cycling you may have an idea who I am, its not difficult. Always check between a riders toes, because thats where you can't see any puncture marks on the skin.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
OK I'll play along for 1 little point, then I'm done, as this is looking very wind up to me, plus half of it doesn't make sense.

But Dave B was having dinner with Millar when he got busted.
To his absolute credit, he did the one thing most people won't have done, he stuck by the British ride in the shit, instead of turning his back, and running out of town, asap.
For that Millar will always be eternally grateful, and it says so much about the man.

Not a wind up, my rider N M won Gent - Wevelgem, took it in the last 0.5K, Check your records on Cofidis. To his credit Sir D B stood by Millar, there s more in that than you might know. he didn't stick by S Y though did it. Sir D B is machiavelian manager. The pos on Sky will be a difficult one, Rob Hayles dubious at a World Cup at Manchester and never rode for GB again. If you know your cycling you may have an idea who I am, its not difficult. Always check between a riders toes, because thats where you can't see any puncture marks on the skin.

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
Would that be 2005 when Nico Mattan controversially used the press cars to his advantage?

Nuneatonseagull

Aug 9, 2011
Nuneaton
May have already been said, but maybe Lance now wants to get charged so he can then race in Triathlon? He can't race elite at the moment because of his elite cycling status, that will be stripped allowing him to compete in tri?? Does anyone else think this?

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
May have already been said, but maybe Lance now wants to get charged so he can then race in Triathlon? He can't race elite at the moment because of his elite cycling status, that will be stripped allowing him to compete in tri?? Does anyone else think this?

He is banned from all WADA-linked sports for life. This includes triathlon. It'd be interesting to see him race Ironman, but he has absolutely no credibility as a sportsman and should not be allowed to compete.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Would that be 2005 when Nico Mattan controversially used the press cars to his advantage?

The same Nico Mattan who had a successful 4 years at 'no dope, no ride' Cofidis, including his first professional win?

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Armstrong revelations could see cycling kicked out of Olympics says former WADA chief (and current IOC member) | road.cc | Road cycling news, Bike reviews, Commuting, Leisure riding, Sportives and more

EDIT: Someone is taking the piss with the guys name, surely.

Dick Pound, former head of the World Anti Doping Authority (WADA) and a current International Olympic Committee member has said cycling could lose its status as an Olympic sport if Lance Armstrong implicated senior figures at the UCI in any revelations about doping in the sport.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset

So nice of Alan Bondue/Eric Boyer/Alain Deloeuil/Francis Van Londersele/ Bernard Quilfen to join nsc. Who knew he also had opinions on Ashley Barnes and Leo Ulloa!?

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Nico

The same Nico Mattan who had a successful 4 years at 'no dope, no ride' Cofidis, including his first professional win?

Thats right, do you know Nico? Because he never got caught, he obviously never doped, same as Lance Armstrong, that is my point. Unfortunately for Nico life has become a little harder since he stopped pedalling, but a great guy, massively popular in West Flanders and the most amenable and professional sportsman I have ever met. He pulled a huge turn for me when on my team and never got above himself, not on a meal ticket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports