Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lance Armstrong ends fight against doping charges

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Thats right, do you know Nico?

No, I don't.

Because he never got caught, he obviously never doped, same as Lance Armstrong, that is my point. Unfortunately for Nico life has become a little harder since he stopped pedalling, but a great guy, massively popular in West Flanders and the most amenable and professional sportsman I have ever met. He pulled a huge turn for me when on my team and never got above himself, not on a meal ticket.

And part of the current problem. A thief and a liar, the same as Armstrong and Millar (the cyclists, not comedy pairing!)

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
The very same, does no one think it strange that Sir D B stayed faithful to David Millar, whilst anyone else who had a sniff of dope 2km downwind was despatched at the speed of light? Work it out, I can't make it any clearer.

I'm not sure that's true. There are several tainted riders who Braisford has worked with.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
The Problem

No, I don't.

And part of the current problem. A thief and a liar, the same as Armstrong and Millar (the cyclists, not comedy pairing!)

From where I was, the real problem with the sport started at the top with the UCI, their systems, structure and approach were so antiquated and obviously massively abused. It appears now that they were paid off by Armstrong, stonewalled the introduction WADA in favour of internal testing, at war with Amuary, TDF organisers. Their corruption filters down through the organisation, to every level and then the fall guys are the riders. I remember D H on Sky sports asking one of my staff if he thought any of the top ten riders were doping, genuinely, the reply that 90% of the bunch were came as a shock. The sport will never change whilst McQuaid and Verbruggen head it up, there is a culture of corruption that is just not going to change, same as Sepp Blater. These guys are out of date, the worlds moved on. How many riders lost their job in operation Puerto, a load, how many tennis players, footballers, boxers or athletes did? None. Cycling is an easy target, low wages, dissipated riders and riders taken from some of the poorest parts of the world. I think ARmstrong who probably took drugs, although I was'nt there, is carrying the can for the sport. I hope he tells it as it is:clap2:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
He should just f*** off and hide under a rock for a while, come back out when he needs some money and end up on Big Brother or some crap.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
From where I was, the real problem with the sport started at the top with the UCI, their systems, structure and approach were so antiquated and obviously massively abused. It appears now that they were paid off by Armstrong, stonewalled the introduction WADA in favour of internal testing, at war with Amuary, TDF organisers. Their corruption filters down through the organisation, to every level and then the fall guys are the riders. I remember D H on Sky sports asking one of my staff if he thought any of the top ten riders were doping, genuinely, the reply that 90% of the bunch were came as a shock. The sport will never change whilst McQuaid and Verbruggen head it up, there is a culture of corruption that is just not going to change, same as Sepp Blater. These guys are out of date, the worlds moved on. How many riders lost their job in operation Puerto, a load, how many tennis players, footballers, boxers or athletes did? None. Cycling is an easy target, low wages, dissipated riders and riders taken from some of the poorest parts of the world. I think ARmstrong who probably took drugs, although I was'nt there, is carrying the can for the sport. I hope he tells it as it is:clap2:

Pretty much 100% agree with this, although from an athlete's point of view I wonder how much people sell their morals for. Verbruggen and McQuaid seem to be the main problem in the sport, but they're supported by others (including Brian Cookson) who I believe can and should be doing more to bring in the changes the sport needs to survive. Maybe the Dick Pound Olympic ban is a way forward - it could allow space for a new World Governing Body to come in, sort stuff out and start again. It's not ideal, but for the long-term survival of the sport it could be the corner than cycling needs to turn, again...

Reading Nicole Cooke's retirement statement I'd like a new saction for dopers of being locked in a room with her and Christophe Bassons for an hour...

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Pretty much 100% agree with this, although from an athlete's point of view I wonder how much people sell their morals for. Verbruggen and McQuaid seem to be the main problem in the sport, but they're supported by others (including Brian Cookson) who I believe can and should be doing more to bring in the changes the sport needs to survive. Maybe the Dick Pound Olympic ban is a way forward - it could allow space for a new World Governing Body to come in, sort stuff out and start again. It's not ideal, but for the long-term survival of the sport it could be the corner than cycling needs to turn, again...

Reading Nicole Cooke's retirement statement I'd like a new saction for dopers of being locked in a room with her and Christophe Bassons for an hour...

Reckon we're on the same track here, Nicole Cooke she can be a bit spiky and opinionated, i'd leave her in the room. Any way lets comcentrate on Ulloa!!

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Room 101

Reckon we're on the same track here, Nicole Cooke she can be a bit spiky and opinionated, i'd leave her in the room. Any way lets comcentrate on Ulloa!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He should just f*** off and hide under a rock for a while, come back out when he needs some money and end up on Big Brother or some crap.
I think that's what's happening.

It's being widely reported Lance recently remortgaged his house.

His receiving law suits on an almost daily basis, and he's no money coming in.
Not to mention fraud charges from his US Postal days.

His running order is roughly:-
This show.
Further revelatory 'I'm so sorry' shows.
Get the ban reduced.
Do a deal over fraud.
Write a book.
Compete again.
Get sponsorship and appearance money.

We've got a lot of cack to listen too before Lance is able to go away.
Assuming he stays out of jail.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Anyone know when and what channel this interview will be on?

Discovery. (Sky 520) 2am tonight, repeated 8pm tomorrow and 6pm saturday.

Apparently it's now a two part interview, but part two isn't in the sky listings at the moment.
It also air on the oprah website, I believe (though might be region blocked).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]291999947753127936[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've just caught my first bit on this, from 5-live.

They got Tony Doyle back on, as he was certain Lance had never doped even in August :ohmy:.
I'm going round his place to sell him some magic beans.

Luckily the only bit I heard was his one word answers to the key drug questions.

But the 5-live fella said Lance said 'cancer made him dope, giving him the win at all costs mentality'.
What the f***! (sorry Bozza)

God, imagine what would have happened if someone who knew what they were saying had interviewed him.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I've just caught my first bit on this, from 5-live.

They got Tony Doyle back on, as he was certain Lance had never doped even in August :ohmy:.
I'm going round his place to sell him some magic beans.

Luckily the only bit I heard was his one word answers to the key drug questions.

But the 5-live fella said Lance said 'cancer made him dope, giving him the win at all costs mentality'.
What the f***! (sorry Bozza)

God, imagine what would have happened if someone who knew what they were saying had interviewed him.

Happily glossing over Betsy Andreu's evidence of Lance's admission of steroid use to doctors in 1996...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here