Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lambeth Bus attack ,

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Where have I dismissed a possible racial motive ? I have just chosen not to guess if it was or not, my own private thoughts my well agree or not, you do not know. As for sexism as you describe "albeit a less damning motive" well I find that more disturbing.

Aaah c'mon ........ no need to be disturbed, so some UKIP politician doesnt take on a prospective woman employee due to sexism, or a someone that doesnt employ a person because of their ethnicity.

Both ugly traits accepted, but for me the racist is more so.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
In this case, no racist language was used, and no racist intent...

How the ffuuck do you know that?... there was quite an exchange of words clearly to be seen on the clip, lasted for probably 1-2 minutes, anything could have been said. You make me chuckle from your ivory tower abroad, the all seeing Dave. I will take the opinion of someone who lives in London over you and the SA exile any day.

I spend a lot of time in Peckham, Forest Hill, Brockley and New Cross,..... its bandit country, and 'white flight' is not simply an imaginary event, it is happening for real... and this is an observation, not a political statement,... before you start on me.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
You seem to be moving the goal posts of the argument you are putting across.

Not really, its one thing to be accused of a racist attack, but in your case, it seems a slightly daft scenario given by the victim, so
I would imagine you were not convicted of any racial element.

There are people that shout racist, but wheter it comes to anything is the issue.
I had a girl accuse me of being racist for telling her not to smoke grass in one of our dances.
Had to explain to her it was nothing to do with her colour, but that fact she was not local and was from
London, where the chances of her being able to smoke in a reggae dance was more common. Once explained
she understood.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Well - this is NSC at its finest.

A woman is beaten up by a bunch of cowards, and the response on here is to argue the toss about racist intent and social point-scoring. Meanwhile, a woman has been beaten up. I hope her injuries are not too serious and, as much as these messages would ever reach her, wish her well and a speedy recovery.

Anyway, back to the irrelevance of grizzling about the possibility of second-guessing the intent of the attackers and this being racially-motivated...

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
How the ffuuck do you know that?... there was quite an exchange of words clearly to be seen on the clip, lasted for probably 1-2 minutes, anything could have been said. You make me chuckle from your ivory tower abroad, the all seeing Dave. I will take the opinion of someone who lives in London over you and the SA exile any day.

I spend a lot of time in Peckham, Forest Hill, Brockley and New Cross,..... its bandit country, and 'white flight' is not simply an imaginary event, it is happening for real... and this is an observation, not a political statement,... before you start on me.

Because the girls would have mentioned it dont you think?

and I havnt 'started' on anybody.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Because the girls would have mentioned it dont you think?

Do you mean personally to me or you, or in confidence to the investigating officers?........ I havnt seen a statement from the girl..... have you?

It was at its core a vile abusive attack by people you can only assume live to standards that are completely alien to me at least....... simple.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
No, but as its been reported, as a a brutal attack by a newspaper, and not a racist attack, and the
reason being given is an argument over the girls dress. Im guessing they checked with the police, and girls etc, before publishing.
Have you seen a statement from the newspaper/police/girl stating, or even implying, that it was a racist attack? Or are you relying on something else?

Maybe this thread can be merged with the 'conspiracy theories' thread before we get into the 'left wing biased' press etc?

and yes, it was a disgusting attack by (unts.

Last edited:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Or are you relying on your own prejudices?

?
Ha,.... I knew you couldnt hold yourself back,....... same old same old,..... if you bother to read my old son, you will see I havnt made a judgement, because I dont KNOW..... you made the wild assumption ("In this case, no racist language was used, and no racist intent.."), I was simply cross examining you.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Actually, I edited that....
But im seeing the SAME OLD, SAME OLD, from the SAME PEOPLE on NSC...

Even the Daily Mail havnt even implied it as a racist attack...just some members of NSC.

Your 'cross examination'....was...how do I know?... Because it hasnt been reported as such, by the girls, the
police or the newspaper...

'I will take the opinion of someone who lives in London over you and the SA exile any day'
Will that include these London girls, the London Met, and a London based newspaper?
'

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Because the girls would have mentioned it dont you think?.

Whether or not the scumbags involved did say anything racial or not is not really the issue for me. These people(I use that in the loosest possible term) got on the bus and for no apparent reason picked on this woman. Now either they were fashion critics or they just wanted to pick on this woman, this could be because they were sexist, which I doubt. I still maintain they would not have reacted the same to a black girl. I think what is likely is that she answered them back and this offended their sense of being supreme in some way. Certainly the areas where I live I would say that the open racism is more prevalent from black people than it is white people, this is not because they are more racist than white people but because they can get away with it. The police cannot really do anything about it or they will be accused of racism.
It is just a mess, someone in this thread has described a white flight. I see it as more as a decent people's flight as most of the people I know are moving further out as London is not like it was and never will be.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Actually, I edited that....
But im seeing the SAME OLD, SAME OLD, from the SAME PEOPLE on NSC...

Even the Daily Mail havnt even implied it as a racist attack...just some members of NSC.

Your 'cross examination'....was...how do I know?... Because it hasnt been reported as such, by the girls, the
police or the newspaper...

'I will take the opinion of someone who lives in London over you and the SA exile any day'
Will that include these London girls, the London Met, and a London based newspaper?
'

My view,.. I suspect if there was a racist component to this whole incident, it will be suppressed until there have been some arrests for fear that the waters could be muddied for the investigating authorities, any potential racist overtones will only then find their way into the press...... we shall have to wait and see. Either way, they need catching.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Horrible attack by scumbags. The assimptions being made on this thread to provide proof to further peoples beliefs are bullshit. These things are best limited to facts. Hopefully the police and courts will deal with them professionally using the evidence to put them away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here