Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lambert resigns after row over Villa job

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Also, is it me or is the merry go round becoming a bit of a joke

Yes....absolutely.

The Premiership teams are so obsessed with retaining their position..(obviously because of the money involved), they just employ managers.....chew them up.....then spit them out at the first hint of relegation.

All very well for them, but puts all championship clubs in an impossible situation. Any Championship club doing well for a few months, their managers are constantly being tipped for the Premiership Managers treadmill. Bad for continuity, bad for consistency, bad for supporters and bad for investors.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Which is why you cannot believe anything about football managers and their ambitions. Only last week Lambert said he was absolutely settled at Norwich and gave all the suggestions he was staying. Rodgers too, "don't want to talk to Liverpool, job to do here etc". It's all posturing and I guess when they know people will come sniffing making themselves appear hard to get, even more desirable and puts price up.

Only saying it because lots here saying Gus won't go to xxxxxxx because he said .......................................... Gus will go to the first Prem club that come looking I reckon. He's ambitious and if he wants to Manage at the very top he's got to make the move at some point ... it doesn't really matter who it is just as long as he can get there and do a job which exceeds the expectations of those who'll look at him next

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As all these very decent jobs become available the chances of us hanging onto Gus recede, I've pretty well accepted that he's unlikely to be here at the start of the season. If he is it'll be a massive boost to our season and show that he really does intend to stay here until a "special" job becomes available.

If he is going I hope it happens in the next week or so, to give a new man time to get his feet under the table and buy the players he wants.

This is assuming, of course, that bigger clubs actually think Gus is up to managing a Premier League club. They may not.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
I know some are pissed off with Gus not stating his future categorically to Brighton but I would rather him keep his counsel than telling the world that he has no intention of leaving and is committed blah blah blah and then upping sticks and mincing off to some other club
We are the only constant in this club
Boards, managers, players come and go. I love Gus and would love to see him stay and grow and become as good as he could be - but if he feels that it is not happening quick enough then so be it.
Fortunately as many have said on here we have a chairman who I belive has the greater good of this club at heart.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The implications for us could potentially be bad, but I can't help but smirk at this news.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here