Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lallana's finishing

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
I said to a mate only this morning that he cost us the win against Liverpool with that poor shot and again on Saturday where he should’ve scored both atrocious finishes

Poor finishes yes, but he did a lot right against Liverpool in particular and didn't cost us those results. That's just scapegoating.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Poor finishes yes, but he did a lot right against Liverpool in particular and didn't cost us those results. That's just scapegoating.

Scapegoating you say - Well that's Sanchez, Lallana and Burn ticked off in threads this season for costing us points. Just think if we hadn't played any of them we'd be top of the league...

:facepalm:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Scapegoating you say - Well that's Sanchez, Lallana and Burn ticked off in threads this season for costing us points. Just think if we hadn't played any of them we'd be top of the league...

:facepalm:

#cryin-without-ryan, #pale-without-dale, #not-so-strong-without-bong

drummerboy10

Apr 18, 2012
I said to a mate only this morning that he cost us the win against Liverpool with that poor shot and again on Saturday where he should’ve scored both atrocious finishes

Do you not have think the lack of a win on Saturday is more to do with how terrible we played, instead of the finishing of Lallana.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Surely the answer is psychological. Saturday is a good example

If Lallana could get into his head that all he had to do was stroke a firm pass to a (imaginary) team mate standing a foot or two inside the post, he would make the pass 99 times out of 100.

Usually the miss is because he's put it over. Again. We need to chip in for a hypnotist for the bloke. Just play a firm pass to your imaginary colleagues feet. He's standing a yard inside the post.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Lallana is a very poor finisher, but the problem is ALL of our midfield are.

Bissouma might bang in a worldy once a season but there's a lot of balls being fished out of the car park before we get there.
Gross' return seems to have slowly dried up in recent times (probably as a result of being shunted around positonally).
MacAllister doesn't get the goals his positioning and gameplay should.
Mwepu hasn't had enough of a chance to make a judgement but his position means he won't get a huge number of chances.

The only one recently who could put them away was Trossard and he's now basically a forward.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Lallana is a very poor finisher, but the problem is ALL of our midfield are.

Bissouma might bang in a worldy once a season but there's a lot of balls being fished out of the car park before we get there.
Gross' return seems to have slowly dried up in recent times (probably as a result of being shunted around positonally).
MacAllister doesn't get the goals his positioning and gameplay should.
Mwepu hasn't had enough of a chance to make a judgement but his position means he won't get a huge number of chances.

The only one recently who could put them away was Trossard and he's now basically a forward.

I have facetious moments, so I'll mention that we've been told on multiple occasions that Trossard is not a forward. That aside, good post (we could probably add in our wing backs too -- compare with Chelsea, for instance).
Gross got goals in open play in his first season. Not sure he's got m/any since. I think MacAllister is pretty good at finishing actually, but the fact that you're mentioning him probably illustrates that his (decent) opportunities are few and far between, which itself is a problem although a different one.
Mwepu we'll have to reserve judgment. As much as I like him as a player, Solly's finishing is poor.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I know we played badly but if he’d given us a 2-0 lead the result would’ve been in the bag. From the middle of the goal 15 yards out a player of his level should’ve buried it

All he had to do was pass it in to the corner of the goal, surely he has the skill and confidence to do that

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Barn door Lallana. It is astounding how shit his finishing is, really astounding

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Agree - was it really that bad when he played for England. He makes some of our other players look like Pele.

It’s a mystery to me given his skill, control and eye for a pass, you’d think hitting the target is the very least he would do from his recent chances

Moder has missed a couple but he is young and he did work the keeper

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lallana was stood in exactly the position I would expect to see THE striker.
THE striker was in exactly the position I would expect to see play in MAUPAY.

Obviously the game could still easily have ended 1-1.
But I fancy our chances more with strikers on the end of clear cut opportunities, than midfielders with poor scoring records.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
It’s a mystery to me given his skill, control and eye for a pass, you’d think hitting the target is the very least he would do from his recent chances

Hard to explain - he probably scores bundles in training matches

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Let’s face it, every single one of the squad appears to cack themselves when faced with shooting at the goal during match time. I’d say Welbeck is probably our best finisher when given the chance.

Maybe they should get a psychologist in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Let’s face it, every single one of the squad appears to cack themselves when faced with shooting at the goal during match time. I’d say Welbeck is probably our best finisher when given the chance.

Maybe they should get a psychologist in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be amazed if they don't already have a sports psychologist on the books.
Who they actually need is Gunnery Sergeant Hartman.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here