Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lallana's finishing

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
He has only scored 70 goals in his entire career, a majority of them in lower leagues. His 50th career goal was in Southamptons first season in the premier league in 12/13. only 20 goals in 9 years of prem football shows he doesn't score at this level that often.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
He has only scored 70 goals in his entire career, a majority of them in lower leagues. His 50th career goal was in Southamptons first season in the premier league in 12/13. only 20 goals in 9 years of prem football shows he doesn't score at this level that often.

But why not ? I don't think there's anyone on here who is trying to deny that he's really a f***ing good footballer :lolol:

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
But why not ? I don't think there's anyone on here who is trying to deny that he's really a f***ing good footballer :lolol:

Because his style of play is different to that of a goalscorer. Passing into space or having vision to see a free team mate is very different to being able to put enough power and enough precision to not only hit the target, but to also get it past a goalkeeper.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Because his style of play is different to that of a goalscorer. Passing into space or having vision to see a free team mate is very different to being able to put enough power and enough precision to not only hit the target, but to also get it past a goalkeeper.

But there's no logic to frustration :wink:

We joke because we love :thumbsup:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
As good a place as any:-

Be honest

How many of you thought Solly would score 90 seconds in at Anfield?

It needed him to cut back onto his right to give a better angle but we all know that was never going to happen. Was surprised to see Cucurella show a bit of the ‘standing leg only’ at the weekend as well.

As for Lallana it is a bit mystifying how a player so technically gifted fluffs his lines so often but then he is not the only one in midfield guilty of that.

At the moment our main goal threats are Trossard, Maupay, Duffy and Dunk and that is not enough.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Christ. Thread title. I though Adam had announced his retirement :facepalm:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
As good a place as any:-

Be honest

How many of you thought Solly would score 90 seconds in at Anfield?

:lolol:

You only need to see his first touch which takes him toward the corner flag. Solly was bad before Lallana turned up. We don't really have anyone capable of shooting consistently/reliably/accurately at PL level.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:lolol:

You only need to see his first touch which takes him toward the corner flag. Solly was bad before Lallana turned up. We don't really have anyone capable of shooting consistently/reliably/accurately at PL level.

If he'd swung his foot at it he'd have had a better chance.

The instant he had time for a moments thought - it was all over. :down:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
If Adam were ever in a brothel, not that he ever would be of course, but hypothetically if he were he’d probably be only be in there to ask for directions to the local creative writing evening class, where he’d be hoping to learn the fine art of neatly finishing something.

I’d settle for a convincing epilogue to his tale, one that details a glorious and triumphant end to his career... in this mad, mad PL fiction we are but trapped within, akin to flotsam on the spring tide.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I said to a mate only this morning that he cost us the win against Liverpool with that poor shot and again on Saturday where he should’ve scored both atrocious finishes
This

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Absolutely. But that doesn't change the point you just made about a lack of midfield goals in the Amex era. Either Lallana steps up and scores, or... well, that's it isn't it, there is no or.

Lack of goals from midfield has been a problem for almost as long as I can remember. Perhaps there just aeen't that many Gerrards and Lampards around - I don't think we've really had any of that ilk since Brian Horton!
We do seem to be addressing the problem though - Mac and Moder have definately got an eye for an attacking opportunity, and now Mwepu too. Khadra, Sima, Katouma(sp), Richards and Sarmiento waiting in the wings.

Little steps .....................................

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Albion fans love a midfielder who can't score (see also Stephens, Propper, Kayal, Bridcutt).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here