Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lallana

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I was thinking some more about this today. Many of us, myself included, lost our shit over Vicente's cameo performances in a lower league. For me Lallana is way, way better. Not only his assist and goal on Saturday but there were two other occasions where his touch and control were literally world class.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
A fantastic midfield combination as you point out. In terms of back-up, you can swap Groß for Lallana and Gilmour for Mac but we don’t really have that pace, power, all-action back up to Caicedo. I think we may need to do a bit of work in the transfer market in January or next summer. Mwepu might have been the man here but a like-for-like replacement for Biss is something I think we could do with.
Dont forget Moder.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Made me smile when they were talking about Liverpool and whether he(Adam) thinks they can still make top 4 and Adam says we're in the mix too albeit joking.
They are 7 points outside of the top 4, with a game in hand, and only a third of the way through the season. Were the rest of the questions they asked him, as stupid as that one?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I remember when Dunk and someone else (Webster I think?) was interviewed together, and that they said that Lallana was the "managers pet".

That's something you say behind his back if you don't completely respect him. The fact that they said it in a video interview kind of showed that it was completely accepted that he was close to the staff and a good leader.
It was Dunk and Maupay on, I think, a SSN programme oriented around a phrase like I Would/Not.

They are 7 points outside of the top 4, with a game in hand, and only a third of the way through the season. Were the rest of the questions they asked him, as stupid as that one?
Asked him about the hostility towards Potter and whether the players are determined to finish above Chelsea! Obviously Adam replied it was pantomime and he knows it's still a bit raw with supporters.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Dont forget Moder.
I won’t but the Caicedo back-up I’ve got my eyes on has said his goodbyes to his teammates. It’s Valladolid or us apparently!

9C49A4DE-9741-41AA-9FC5-C5E80FEAAA60.jpeg

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Piece from Lallana now on the Seagulls website 👍. Says openly that the transition to De Zerbi's ideas hasn't been straight forward, but now it's working.
His goal and assist on Saturday were. Just.world.class. Such quick feet
Edit: just a summary of the talksport video now I've watched it.

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Athletic article quoting Webster as saying that Lallana has upped the intensity of training sessions since he's been here.
He also said that some players, who are no longer with us, treated training as just another day, but now every day is like a match day.

I wonder who he is referring to?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Athletic article quoting Webster as saying that Lallana has upped the intensity of training sessions since he's been here.
He also said that some players, who are no longer with us, treated training as just another day, but now every day is like a match day.

Biss and Maupay I reckon

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Biss and Maupay I reckon
My guess would be mainly players who left earlier than that. Maybe Pröpper (lost love for football), Connolly (bit lazy according to hmself), Ali J (judging from his comments he seems to think he is a godlike footballer) and Andone and Locadia who both seem not entirely serious about their football careers...

Maupay lazy... dunno. Strikes me as someone who'll shout every possible nasty thing in your ear if he loses in some football tennis rehab practice. As for Bissouma, think he was way to be good and improving way too much for someone not taking training seriously.

Jimmy Grimble

We seriously missed him today. No one else can play the role that RDZ has him playing. Enciso was a big downgrade today unfortunately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here