Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lallana

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Can still do a good job as a special teams player. The key is to wither bring him on / take him off at the right time. Also as someone else says he's a director on the pitch. Never stops talking. After the 3rd went in he went round the younger players shouting in their faces and pointing at his head. So he was either asking them to keep their concentration or threatening them with a gangland style assassination.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Speaks very well and is clearly a leader in the squad and a vital pick yesterday when we didn't have Veltman and Welbeck and had a young side and a younger bench.

I admit i'd like someone playing in that advanced position to have a better record of composure and a higher goals and assist ratio in the final third. On the up side he clearly links the attack and midfield nicely.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
After the 3rd went in he went round the younger players shouting in their faces and pointing at his head. So he was either asking them to keep their concentration or threatening them with a gangland style assassination.
Considering what AL did to a 17 year old George Marsh when he played for Liverpool’s U23s against Spurs when coming back from injury it could have been either option.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I love the way he is always talking to other players, sometimes quietly others with real passion. He also is in the face of the referee many times .
Apart from that the way he creates space is a joy to watch. He is our secret weapon. Love to see him score before he hangs up his boots!
Always forward thinking, his mind in overdrive trying to find openings and space for his team-mates, such a clever footballer.

Last edited:

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Anyone else notice him clatter into Loftus-Cheek early doors? Did the same with Haaland the week before.

Shithousery of the top order.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Fair play to Lallana, Potter seemed to struggle to use him effectively. When he did play always had a presence and leadership on the pitch but he seems to be a key part in RDZ system now. Given he’s settled back down South hope he sticks around for a good few years on and off the pitch

Could be good for Gilmour as well

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Absolutely sensational footballer. The sort of player you pay good money to watch. The way he manipulates the ball in tight spaces is second to none.

If he can add goals and assists to his game, like today, then all the better!

My hope is that, despite his age, the fact he spent several seasons playing very little football might mean we get another two or three years out of him.

We have much more control when he’s on the pitch.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
So impressed with his 65mins yesterday. Another player like Groß & March who understands exactly what the manager requires and has almost world class positioning. Lallana was dictating so much yesterday and setting the tone with his verbal leadership as well as brilliant play. Like others in our parish, he has an achilles with his finishing but yesterday’s shot was sublime. With players like Mitoma and Trossard taking the weight of the scoring, there is room for the likes of non-scorers like himself and March who are playing so brilliantly at the moment.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Oozed class, quality and leadeship yesterday. A good player with great experience setting a fine example for our younger players. I can see him hanging around once he has decided to stop playing. It's interesting that RDZ has made him an integral part of his early training sessions. Just behind Mitoma for MotM for me yesterday

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The fact he was asked to take the team (with Crofts) before RDZ tells you enough about his leadership qualities.

Seems to add a lot around the club off the pitch and is currently enjoying his football.

Model Pro and great for the likes of Gilmour and Caicedo to have around

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Absolutely sensational footballer. The sort of player you pay good money to watch. The way he manipulates the ball in tight spaces is second to none.

If he can add goals and assists to his game, like today, then all the better!

My hope is that, despite his age, the fact he spent several seasons playing very little football might mean we get another two or three years out of him.

We have much more control when he’s on the pitch.
I think under Potter , he played a lot of games with Gross alongside him. It often didn't work because they were both looking to occupy the same space, and also although both willing, together they lacked the necessary pace to control the middle. Now with Moises, Mac and Lallana the midfield has power, pace and guile. A great combination.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here