A few interesting snippets.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230429-085451.png
    Screenshot_20230429-085451.png
    476.6 KB · Views: 110

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yeah, but....wolves are shit. It's nothing to do with how good they all are in our squad:shrug:
After the set-backs in the last two or three weeks it was inevitable (and justifiable) that we'd be a bit concerned about whether we could get back on track. Today's performance looks like we can - so that's good. It doesn't mean that the concerns many of us had were unreasonable.

And yes, the reserves are playing very well indeed, which is also great - but we're not exactly playing prime Citeh either, are we?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Still confused if some of our key players are in such need of a rest why Caicedo, Mac, Mitoma played 30-45mins each when we were cruising !

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Still confused if some of our key players are in such need of a rest why Caicedo, Mac, Mitoma played 30-45mins each when we were cruising !
Oh, bizarrely I know the answer to this. I can’t remember how I found out though, think it was in a discussion about another team and a manager said it. It was a while back though.

On match days, players aren’t doing training sessions so most of them (the ones you want to keep up to match fitness and best condition) will come on and play some minutes in order to give them some work and loosen up the legs.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The squad players are doing quite well today :whistle:
Yes indeed they did. I didn't expect Gilmour to be the Scottish Moises given his time away, and only a fool didn't look at Undav starting and feel a little fearful.

Another 90 for Estupinian, though. That is a real hole in our squad that we can't rest him. Doubly so if Veltman is out for a while.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Oh, bizarrely I know the answer to this. I can’t remember how I found out though, think it was in a discussion about another team and a manager said it. It was a while back though.

On match days, players aren’t doing training sessions so most of them (the ones you want to keep up to match fitness and best condition) will come on and play some minutes in order to give them some work and loosen up the legs.
Shirley the warm down with the other subs would suffice ?
Surprised Offiah didn’t get on
Bad news if Veltz is broken

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I thought something similar.

A 30 minute workout against shocking opponents could only be to our benefit.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If the Veltman injury is as bad as some have suggested, we are going to be short of FBs. Lamptey - is he anywhere near fit? Looks like Gross will have to play RB, unless we put Van Hecke or Offiah there - and it would be a huge leap for Offiah at this stage of the season! Can Colwill play LB of Pervis needs a break? - or would we have to go three at the back, with Gross and Solly as wing backs?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here