Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Labour

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Not a chance, they don't want to risk their cosy little jobs in the Westminster bubble, they will quit the front bench but none has the principles to leave the Labour Party. None of those who resigned today will be missed, they were part of the reason why Labour lost in May because Blue Labour aping the Tories is a busted flush now
Please explain Ernie...if toryism is a busted flush how come,when everyone was expecting a coalition government they got a majority at the election and Labour got trounced ?

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Might cause SNP a Problem he more left than Sturgeon and Salmond and might start splitting the Scotish Vote.

Or will Sturgeon use this result to highlight to the scots that they are even more likely to be stuck with a Tory government for the forseable future. Hence the need to push on with their independance.

joeywortho

Jun 3, 2013
hardly a return to its roots voting the most left wing leader in its history

as for the idea that those refusing to serve in the shadow cabinet out of principle should leave the party....jesus christ

PURGES

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Yes, of course, whatever you say.:facepalm:

Economic policy incompetence will ultimately result in real problems for an economy. The last hard left wing government of the late 70s is a great example in this country. Will be interesting to see if Labour can persuade the country that for some odd reason it will be different this time

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Yep back to the good old days when we had strikes 3 day weeks and the country was bankrupt new labour?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Yep back to the good old days when we had strikes 3 day weeks and the country was bankrupt new labour?

The three day week was introduced by cuddly Ted Heath and his Conservative Government in the early 70s.

The country was never bankrupt under Labour. Just another of those phrases that, repeated often enough, people start to believe.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The three day week was introduced by cuddly Ted Heath and his Conservative Government in the early 70s.

The country was never bankrupt under Labour. Just another of those phrases that, repeated often enough, people start to believe.

The debt they left when replaced made us virtually bankrupt. Do we want that again? I hope to never see another labour government and I intend to live another 10 - 15 years. In my time I have never seen a successful one.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
The debt they left when replaced made us virtually bankrupt. Do we want that again? I hope to never see another labour government and I intend to live another 10 - 15 years. In my time I have never seen a successful one.

There was a global financial crisis. It was not caused by Labour. The economy was growing when Labour left office, and then took a nosedive after Gideon's emergency budget where he announced swingeing public sector cuts.

I hope that you see another Labour Government. Live long and prosper.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The fact that so many of the public believe these myths about Labour suggests that public gullibility is JC's biggest worry.

‘I’m afraid there is no money."
In government, it was my job to craft a plan. As chief secretary, I spent bruising months negotiating £32bn of annual savings to help halve the deficit in just four years and set out in huge detail in our 2010 budget"
http://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ter-there-is-no-money-labour-general-election

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
‘I’m afraid there is no money."
In government, it was my job to craft a plan. As chief secretary, I spent bruising months negotiating £32bn of annual savings to help halve the deficit in just four years and set out in huge detail in our 2010 budget"
http://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ter-there-is-no-money-labour-general-election

A stupid thing to write, a joke that was always going to backfire. The article you link to does not, however, support the idea that Labour bankrupted the country.

Blair and Brown were not my cup of tea, but their economic legacy has been rewritten to suit the Tories. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/jul/02/labour-spending-worked-blair-brown-stealth

There was a Worldwide economic crisis!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There was a global financial crisis. It was not caused by Labour. The economy was growing when Labour left office, and then took a nosedive after Gideon's emergency budget where he announced swingeing public sector cuts.

I hope that you see another Labour Government. Live long and prosper.

Was that the excuse for every labour government since Wilson ? Your last sentence is a contradiction in aim as it is impossible to see another Labour government AND prosper, it has never happened to me before.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Was that the excuse for every labour government since Wilson ? Your last sentence is a contradiction in aim as it is impossible to see another Labour government AND prosper, it has never happened to me before.

After seeing two Labour governments since i was allowed to vote, i feel the same.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Marginal tax rates at 98% as part if a class war, industrial policy that sought union power over entrepreneurialism, spending so much so inefficiently we had to ask for financial support from the IMF blah blah blah

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here