Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Labour must say it out loud: Brexit needs to be reversed…

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wrong on both counts, it will lead to cheaper wine and the red tape (VI -1 form) was an EU requirement which we continued with ... until now [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
You are arguing with the UK wine industry.

They have the impression that VI-1 forms are something the UK Government have introduced.

Still, I guess you know best.

Going against The Express as well.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1411655/Wine-price-rise-UK-EU-imports-Brexit-news-VI-1-forms-July

They need your expertise, I suppose. :shrug:

Jan 30, 2008
Interesting opinion piece. I agree with the sentiment but not sure that would boost Labour right now. I think perhaps the time has past for all that from Labour as a party. They missed the window in my opinion. They blinked.
However, I have no doubt any party that comes up with a realistic plan for re-joining the EU would do very well. In about two years time, when Covid is fully managed and the harsh realities of the Brexit mistake kick in, I think we could see our country come to it’s senses.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...t-say-it-out-loud-brexit-needs-to-be-reversed
LMFAO
https://youtu.be/dATZsuPdOnM

Regards
DF

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You are arguing with the UK wine industry.

They have the impression that VI-1 forms are something the UK Government have introduced.

Still, I guess you know best.
'The move to end requirements for VI-1 import certificates, which ministers said would save British consumers about £130m a year, was welcomed by the sector.
The red tape was an EU requirement dating back to the 1970s, when it was introduced to protect European wine-producing regions, such as Chablis or Burgundy, from poor-quality new world imitations.'

Financial Times

"Wine-lovers are set to save about £130m per year as the Government uses its new Brexit freedoms to chop EU red tape on imports.

Each bottle could become 13p cheaper, according to the industry, thanks to the abolition of the VI-1 forms - a bureaucratic exercise which includes lab tests to verify the acidity of the wine, something which is not done for other drinks such as beer or spirits."

The Telegraph

Cheers [emoji106]

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
'The move to end requirements for VI-1 import certificates, which ministers said would save British consumers about £130m a year, was welcomed by the sector.
The red tape was an EU requirement dating back to the 1970s, when it was introduced to protect European wine-producing regions, such as Chablis or Burgundy, from poor-quality new world imitations.'

Financial Times

"Wine-lovers are set to save about £130m per year as the Government uses its new Brexit freedoms to chop EU red tape on imports.

Each bottle could become 13p cheaper, according to the industry, thanks to the abolition of the VI-1 forms - a bureaucratic exercise which includes lab tests to verify the acidity of the wine, something which is not done for other drinks such as beer or spirits."

The Telegraph

Cheers [emoji106]

Oh well, I guess the Express and the UK wine industry spokespeople do not know what they are talking about :shrug:

There is loads of easy research you can do on this. Eg :

https://winemerchantmag.com/scrap-these-useless-vi-1-forms/

https://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2...elays-introduction-of-vi-1-forms-for-eu-wine/

Basically the UK Government took with one hand and then gave back with the other. Lol.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Back on track to the past and whining about losing............brilliant :lolol:
The joining the EU thread has got off to a brilliant start

I think all the puff has wasted away whatever it was that used to pretend to be a brain of yours. You really should stick to being balls deep in your bros, or whatever it was you did.

You've embarrassed yourself on several threads tonight whilst trying to pretend you know what you are talking about.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I think all the puff has wasted away whatever it was that used to pretend to be a brain of yours. You really should stick to being balls deep in your bros, or whatever it was you did.

You've embarrassed yourself on several threads tonight whilst trying to pretend you know what you are talking about.

:dunce:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Oh well, I guess the Express and the UK wine industry spokespeople do not know what they are talking about :shrug:

There is loads of easy research you can do on this. Eg :

https://winemerchantmag.com/scrap-these-useless-vi-1-forms/

https://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2...elays-introduction-of-vi-1-forms-for-eu-wine/

Basically the UK Government took with one hand and then gave back with the other. Lol.
*sigh* The VI-1 form is carry over red tape from EU membership, it applied to non EU produced wine. We were intending to apply it to EU produced wines but instead have decided not to do so and abolish it for non EU wine ... do you understand now?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

whether he knows his stuff or not is immaterial, he embodies all the hallmarks of the people divided and poisoned to get Brexit over the line, he thinks he won something but the only winners are his puppet masters who's real aim is plutocracy. Even the architect of Brexit as good as admitted it was a con job on the BBC last week and anyone stating it would be good must have a screw loose, we know exactly who he meant!

Divide and rule

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Thrilled by the divers miraculous victory, turn on NSC and soil myself over this thread. Great morning.

:lolol::lol::lolol:

laugh.gif

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’d be interested to know how many who have contributed have actually read the article I linked to. Judging by the knee jerk reactions from certain types, I’d say not many.
It’s not necessarily about whether we should rejoin. I doubt they’d have us for the foreseeable anyway. More about what Labour’s take on it could be and why it’s something Labour should be declaring and what effect this would have on their popularity.
But I’m sure they knew that, because they would have definitely read the article. Wouldn’t they?

Jan 30, 2008
I’d be interested to know how many who have contributed have actually read the article I linked to. Judging by the knee jerk reactions from certain types, I’d say not many.
It’s not necessarily about whether we should rejoin. I doubt they’d have us for the foreseeable anyway. More about what Labour’s take on it could be and why it’s something Labour should be declaring and what effect this would have on their popularity.
But I’m sure they knew that, because they would have definitely read the article. Wouldn’t they?

Along with your welcoming migrants thread its a real car crash topic ,keep up the good work :bowdown: PMSL
regards
DF

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Thrilled by the divers miraculous victory, turn on NSC and soil myself over this thread. Great morning.

:lolol::lol::lolol:

You must get together with [MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION]'s self gratification and toiletry habit infatuation. I'm sure the days would fly with you two on the subject of incontinence :lolol:

And he has absolutely nothing of any substance to add to any thread too. A match made in heaven :dunce:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
You must get together with [MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION]'s self gratification and toiletry habit infatuation. I'm sure the days would fly with you two on the subject of incontinence :lolol:

And he has absolutely nothing of any substance to add to any thread too. A match made in heaven :dunce:

....and the edit comes in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.......................

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

For this mob of poorly informed, socially inept, booze hounds, politics began and ended with the Brexit referendum. They are absolutely clueless as to the bigger picture. They don’t like foreigners and they thought they had a chance to get rid. End of.
So it should come as no surprise that all they do is troll threads, launch personal attacks and avoid discussing the subject with any real insight.
Sort of kids who would have sat at the back, twanging a ruler on the desk all term and then blame the teacher when they fail their exams.
They’ll never change so they’re best ignored. Some threads go unnoticed by them and they have a decent life on the main board.
Most get trashed as soon as they turn up. That’s why I posted this in the pit from the off. I knew the racist thickos would troll it into the pit and I would get the blame because I am the OP.
Well done idiots, it’s yours for the taking.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
For this mob of poorly informed, socially inept, booze hounds, politics began and ended with the Brexit referendum. They are absolutely clueless as to the bigger picture. They don’t like foreigners and they thought they had a chance to get rid. End of.
So it should come as no surprise that all they do is troll threads, launch personal attacks and avoid discussing the subject with any real insight.
Sort of kids who would have sat at the back, twanging a ruler on the desk all term and then blame the teacher when they fail their exams.
They’ll never change so they’re best ignored. Some threads go unnoticed by them and they have a decent life on the main board.
Most get trashed as soon as they turn up. That’s why I posted this in the pit from the off. I knew the racist thickos would troll it into the pit and I would get the blame because I am the OP.
Well done idiots, it’s yours for the taking.

[emoji1787][emoji1787]own it, it’s about your limit, post your nonsense, don’t like the way it goes and call everyone a racist. Losing an argument and calling everyone racist is the new Middle Ages version of shouting “Witch” at the village hag, no proof needed,no evidence required, just build the fire high. It doesn’t work anymore,you have over used and devalued the word.
Stop being so silly, I preferred it when you were posting pictures of your bus pass.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here