Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Labour must say it out loud: Brexit needs to be reversed…

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Very true, although I would like to see the OP going door to door out campaigning selling his big election winning idea of rejoining the EU, (ditching the pound) in a few years time [emoji1]

In other news, yet another Brexit dividend... cheaper wine [emoji485][emoji106]

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...ports-to-save-british-wine-lovers-130m-a-year

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

It is not cheaper wine.

It is removal of extra post Brexit red tape added by the UK Government which meant imported wine went up after Brexit.

So it is back to pre-Brexit price. Not cheaper.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Very true, although I would like to see the OP going door to door out campaigning selling his big election winning idea of rejoining the EU, (ditching the pound) in a few years time [emoji1]

Indeed

A political party would only need to have a manifesto policy that if they were to win a general election they would submit an application for joining the European Union.(standard procedure)
You would then have a number of years of negotiating terms of membership like any new member, and then those terms, when finalised, could be put to the country in a referendum-Join the EU or Don’t join the EU.

However……do not forget, the rules of referendums have been re-written by the remoaners.
If Join the EU were to win a referendum on those negotiated terms of membership its now acceptable to say(according to the remoaners), ………screw that decision……..lets ignore the result……….and lets stay out of the EU instead.

As it currently stand I cant see any party with a hope of winning an election having a manifesto pledge to submit an application.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Indeed
If Join the EU were to win a referendum on those negotiated terms of membership its now acceptable to say(according to the remoaners), ………screw that decision……..lets ignore the result……….and lets stay out of the EU instead.

I suggest that would be dependant on whether the voting public were sold a pup/pack of lies, which was gobbled up by the more gullible, as it was in 2016.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I suggest that would be dependant on whether the voting public were sold a pup/pack of lies, which was gobbled up by the more gullible, as it was in 2016.

Its a standard belief amongst remoaners (not the same as remainers) that referendum results can be ignored if you dont like the decision given.........even after saying ,before the results were in (when they expected to win),.........that of course we should abide by the referendum decision when its announced.

Snigger

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Its a standard belief amongst remoaners (not the same as remainers) that referendum results can be ignored if you dont like the decision given.........even after saying ,before the results were in (when they expected to win),.........that of course we should abide by the referendum decision when its announced.

Snigger

As your beloved 'Nige' said, he wouldn't accept a vote that was so close, but went strangely quiet when it fell the idiots (not the same as Leavers), way.
The list of falsehoods, lies and broken assurances went on and on, from the Boris Bus (lol) claims, right to the end.
The less extreme Leavers (not the same as idiots, like yourself) were swayed by them, and now it's all catching-up as the ongoing problems are becoming clear.

Snigger all you like, it won't change the fact that you're a gullible muppet. :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The LibDems tried this at the Dec 19 GE and got annihilated.

Genuine question, would the EU have us back after our 30 years of whinging?

My hope would be far closer ties one day, such as that between the EU with Switzerland and Norway. [I don’t mean this as an aspirational UK having its cake and eat it. Instead sensible comprises on travel, length of stays, perhaps trade barriers?].

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
As your beloved 'Nige' said, he wouldn't accept a vote that was so close, but went strangely quiet when it fell the idiots (not the same as Leavers), way.
The list of falsehoods, lies and broken assurances went on and on, from the Boris Bus (lol) claims, right to the end.
The less extreme Leavers (not the same as idiots, like yourself) were swayed by them, and now it's all catching-up as the ongoing problems are becoming clear.

Snigger all you like, it won't change the fact that you're a gullible muppet. :)

Oh dear.....as has been pointed out numerous times on the Brexit thread all Farage said was it would be unfinished business if close.
Which would be quite correct, it would have given belief that at a later date another crack at it might win (if leave lost by a narrow margin)
When that would have been god only knows.......possibly decades.

It is the same principle that allows those that wish to join the EU campaign for joining if they want and undo what has been done.
They are perfectly entitled to start a campaign to join...........there doesnt appear much stomach for it though.

Farage was not saying that referendum decision should be ignored and made null and void and was not saying do that referendum again now.

Good luck with the join the EU campaign...........when does it begin and who is going to run it?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Genuine question, would the EU have us back after our 30 years of whinging?

:lolol: Does make you wonder if an application was submitted now if the EU would say
"Really?.....Are you taking the piss?......you have moaned for decades.........go and sit on the naughty step for a few years"
"Application rejected"

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Oh dear.....as has been pointed out numerous times on the Brexit thread all Farage said was it would be unfinished business if close.
Which would be quite correct, it would have given belief that at a later date another crack at it might win (if leave lost by a narrow margin)
When that would have been god only knows.......possibly decades.

It is the same principle that allows those that wish to join the EU campaign for joining if they want and undo what has been done.
They are perfectly entitled to start a campaign to join...........there doesnt appear much stomach for it though.

Farage was not saying that referendum decision should be ignored and made null and void and was not saying do that referendum again now.

Good luck with the join the EU campaign...........when does it begin and who is going to run it?

Unfinished business and would fight for a re-run of the referendum, if I recall correctly.

Funny how it became undemocratic to want the same, when it came from the Remain side.

Hypocrites to a man/woman :)

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Unfinished business and would fight for a re-run of the referendum, if I recall correctly.

Funny how it became undemocratic to want the same, when it came from the Remain side.

Hypocrites to a man/woman :)

:lolol:
Might have taken decades to get around to having another crack at not remaining.......the Tory government were quite clear on neverendums
Its not the same thing as the remoaners saying the decision the voters gave to leave must either be ignored entirely (revoke) or do the referendum all over again because we didnt like the decision result.
Not the same at all.

Any update on when the Join the EU campaign starts?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It is not cheaper wine.

It is removal of extra post Brexit red tape added by the UK Government which meant imported wine went up after Brexit.

So it is back to pre-Brexit price. Not cheaper.
Wrong on both counts, it will lead to cheaper wine and the red tape (VI -1 form) was an EU requirement which we continued with ... until now [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here