Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour Leader would step down.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Amazing isn’t the only thing they can fling at him that is true is he is a bit boring. FFS I don’t care, who moans about that is going to spend any time with him? What weapons would vote for a liar and complete **nt just because of that? All I want is someone who can do the right thing for the country that is it, not what they look or sound like.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Whitewash

He was cleared last year. Muck raking by the Mail and a Tory MP tried to make out he should have been charged, but Keir Starmer is a qualified barrister and QC. He knows the law inside and out, so knew he hadn't broken any rules (as applied to April 2021) The police have issued a statement, and it is all clear.

Now, Boris Johnson has a friend James Delingpole from his uni days, and has a son, who just happened to be 'walking past' the Miners Hall in Durham and took the blurred photo through the window.
Look on Google Maps and see how far back the Miners Hall is from the road. Delingpole junior would've walked over 100 yards up the drive and sneaked around the back to get his blurry photo. James Delingpole writes for the Daily Mail.

So rather than a whitewash, it was an attempted stitch-up, but the police were wise to it. See post 214 for the public perception of they are all as bad as each other.
No, one had 126 fines issued to his address, and the other did nothing wrong.

Next.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Amazing isn’t the only thing they can fling at him that is true is he is a bit boring. FFS I don’t care, who moans about that is going to spend any time with him? What weapons would vote for a liar and complete **nt just because of that? All I want is someone who can do the right thing for the country that is it, not what they look or sound like.

Yep we've had enough of personality cults. There is a country to be run not a reality game show

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As was pointed out on the other thread; Johnson resigns and Starmer is cleared 48 hours later. Well, there's no point in Johnson's brown-shirts, The Met, bothering to besmirch Johnson's enemies now he is gone (sort of gone-ish).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Me too. It’s like closed minds will not accept the truth.

Just for balance, the Tory MP who decided to,push the police to reopen the investigation, that Starmer was cleared of, last year, himself had a curry with the Ghurkas, in the same week, in 2021. It’s total hypocrisy and mud slinging.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tory-mp-who-wants-police-26826391

It's exhausting. It's literally the case that if you repeat bullshit over and over and over again then gullible idiots will believe the rubbish and regurgitate. See also Donald Trump. I'm so tired of it.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I see 'Starmer cleared' is getting a tiny fraction of the coverage that 'No more FPNs for Boris' had in the national press.

Funny that...

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I see 'Starmer cleared' is getting a tiny fraction of the coverage that 'No more FPNs for Boris' had in the national press.

Funny that...

The Daily Mail coverage of it yesterday was hilarious. Far worse and vitriolic than any of the mild stuff on here.:thumbsup::bla::bla:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Whitewash

Biggest cover up ever.

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

So what is better. Keeping your head down, saying you’ll resign about something that is being investigated again even though you were cleared last year, cooperating fully with the police and just letting them get on with it.

Or lying till you’re blue in the face about everything, and then issuing a mealy-mouthed apology when you are caught Out, and then apologising again because your apology wasn’t apologetic enough, and ending up getting unceremoniously dumped by your colleagues who are sick of it all and being told to lie to cover up their leader’s lies.

And before anybody comes up with the “but he got all the big calls right” stuff, he didn’t. He’s done the Ukraine stuff ok because he saw it as an opportunity to divert attention from what was going on at home, and he did alright at the beginning of the vaccine roll-out stuff, but even then they lied that it was because of BREXIT, which made no difference at all to what we could do. He had already royally messed up by calling lockdowns far too late and so on. By far the worst Prime Minister in living memory.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here