Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour annual conference

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Context is everything. What she says and thinks in private is fair game, or at a push you'd expect it in a left wing publication. To do it at a party conference or in the house of commons is just unprofessional.
There's things I would say to my mates or on NSC that I wouldn't dream of saying in front of a load of people at work.

You’re right, she couldn’t say it in the House of Commons, but at the conference she has the right to say what she thinks. Judge her as you wish but it’s not the worse thing I’ve heard from an MP.

D

Deleted member 2719

You’re right, she couldn’t say it in the House of Commons, but at the conference, she has the right to say what she thinks. Judge her as you wish but it’s not the worse thing I’ve heard from an MP.

Are you seriously backing Rayner's aggressive potty mouth??? She is just whipping up hate. I thought we had got through that stage in politics and things were calming down.

Starmer should show his manhood, if he has one, and let her feel the full force of it publicly.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
She’s right to think it.
She’s wrong to say it.

Interesting though that so many criticise Labour for being an apathetic lot and then criticise them for going on the attack.

The Tory government are scum but we need to play this right if we want them ousted.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Are you seriously backing Rayner's aggressive potty mouth??? She is just whipping up hate. I thought we had got through that stage in politics and things were calming down.

Starmer should show his manhood, if he has one, and let her feel the full force of it publicly.

Using "impolite" language to describe people who have demonstrably done terrible things is seen as worse than actually doing those things. What a tragic state of affairs :facepalm:

Jan 30, 2008
Rayner is hugely popular amongst the Labour faithful, she's not known as 'Our Angela' for nothing. Have to feel she has overstepped the mark here though and should be apologising. The Tories are not very nice, but they're not scum.

Totally unelectable language from the looney labour battle axe ,a classic case of reap what you sow , just need the other two clowns Abbott and Lammy to throw their hats into the ring

Regards
DF

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
She’s right to think it.
She’s wrong to say it.

Interesting though that so many criticise Labour for being an apathetic lot and then criticise them for going on the attack.

The Tory government are scum but we need to play this right if we want them ousted.
Exactly. You're not going to win over voters from the tories by saying that.

The people who agree will already be voting against them.

She's bang on

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I’ve just done a quick search for scum on Nsc. Potty mouthed?
My goodness, we have some hypocrites on here.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Why does anyone give a **** about anyone saying "scum"?

Surely there must be... thousands, probably millions of issues that require more attention than someone saying "scum".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here