Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuszczak isn't very good

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
only should have done better with the first- his legs were as wide open as Jordan's on an hourly basis

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
I think if their is a finger to point at its greer, i'm not one to have a go at our own players but he doesn't bring much to us really and looks half the player he did a year ago. Weak in the air, slow and doesn't look that leader anymore. In fairness he does bring those long diagonal balls which can be effective, however i feel that possible should be the job of the centre midfielders. We are going to need a new centre half at some point

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Very harsh to be fair. Possibly could have done better on the 1st but absolutely no chance on the other two. That save first half was absolutely fantastic believe me as a decent keeper that was a fantastic save because if nothing else the striker could hit that either way and youve got to move quick. He is much better than anks and brez and i dont know how in hell you could critisise him at all except for perhaps his distribution at times. Kuszczak is without doubt the best goalkeeper to play for the albion (at least in my lifetime for sure).

Couldn't agree more with your analysis

Harsh NE, harsh mate.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Rubbish

Could have done better with the second? Utter nonsense. Pure fluke, and not saveable.

If he was at fault for any goal, it was the only one you have NOT blamed him for. He was very slow out to meet Vydra, once it was clear he was away from El Abd.

100% correct

Just to be precise though;
First goal was actually down to El Abd being all at sea at not picking up his man.
Second goal total fluke.
Third goal excellent counter attacking by Watford and scored by an Udinese player who has 12 goals in 20 games......

Dec 29, 2011
Lol, I think OP is on a wind up. The best 'keeper in the League and I can't remember a single error he has made. Nearly all of the goals are un-savable.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Sorry mate I don't agree one bit, your entitled to your opinion!, don't think any of the goals were his fault!.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
No offense but after following NSC for 14 years this is the most ridiculous comment I have ever heard. Kuszczak is not only the best goalkeeper BHAFC have ever had he is the best goalkeeper in the Championship and one of the best Goalkeepers in Europe. I actually feel sorry for him being spun a line by Poyet of glories to come as he came here expecting to go up this season, next at worse and finds himself playing in a team devoid of ideas and going nowhere.

I had exactly the same thought about him being spun a line. Just hope he sticks around.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
He made some fine saves in the first half. Very much let down by his defence in the second.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Watford would have been celebrating a 6 or 7 goal thrashing with Brezovan in goal today

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
But very highly rated. Not impressed at all. I said after his performance here for Watford last season he had fluffed the audition, but we signed him and now I think he is only a slight improvement on Brezovan amd Ankergren. Routine save first half which everyone raved about and then picked the ball out of his net three times from three shots in the second half, the first two he certainly should have done better with.

If Greer can be criticised, so can Kuszczak. Not very good.

Words fail me.:facepalm:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Come on Ninja,you are better than that post.

I didn't expect people would agree. Kuszczak is better than Brez or Ankergren, but so overrated by so many.

Keeper makes mistake with by letting a goal in - shock of the season !!!

Almunia made a cock up by losing the ball which led to the penalty - so no keeper is safe from mistakes.

Almunia was pretty poor today as well to be fair, pretty obvious to me why neither were picked up by Premier League clubs.

No offense but after following NSC for 14 years this is the most ridiculous comment I have ever heard. Kuszczak is not only the best goalkeeper BHAFC have ever had he is the best goalkeeper in the Championship and one of the best Goalkeepers in Europe. I actually feel sorry for him being spun a line by Poyet of glories to come as he came here expecting to go up this season, next at worse and finds himself playing in a team completely devoid of ideas with a joke strikeforce and going nowhere.

Funny that, your post to me is just ridiculous. Digweed, Beeney, Moseley, Rust... As for being one of thr best in Europe, come on now. Really? Poland's number 4 is one of the best in Europe?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I didn't expect people would agree. Kuszczak is better than Brez or Ankergren, but so overrated by so many.

Almunia was pretty poor today as well to be fair, pretty obvious to me why neither were picked up by Premier League clubs.

Funny that, your post to me is just ridiculous. Digweed, Beeney, Moseley, Rust... As for being one of thr best in Europe, come on now. Really? Poland's number 4 is one of the best in Europe?

Now I know you are on a wind up. Rust is better than Kuszczak. He is Poland's number 2 actually with 10 caps to date.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You forget he's a closet Swindon fan, resulting in a unhealthy obsession with Brezovan.

If you knew anything, you'd know he was pretty poor for Swindon and was rightly released and was without a club for 6 months.... then we tried Graham Smith and waved a white flag!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Agree. Very surprised Ninja. Unless you're on a wind up.

I'm genuinely suprised. I've thought for a while now Kuszczak has been really disappointing. But apparently I am in the minority. Who knew! Either way, some of the dramatic replies in this thread have been interesting, people very quick to criticise.

Funny old game, etc.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
How can you put blame on him for their first 2 goals?

The 1st one was shocking defending which left him exposed and the 2nd took a huge deflection which took the ball over him.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
How can you put blame on him for their first 2 goals?

The 1st one was shocking defending which left him exposed and the 2nd took a huge deflection which took the ball over him.

I haven't seen the first again but it appeared to go straight through him. As for the second, I agree I might be being harsh, we all saw the deflection but even so, I never thought there was a chance he'd get close. So many long range shots have beaten him already this season, far too easily. I saw this as being another one but might amend that opinion after seeing it again. Probably not though

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
But very highly rated. Not impressed at all. I said after his performance here for Watford last season he had fluffed the audition, but we signed him and now I think he is only a slight improvement on Brezovan amd Ankergren. Routine save first half which everyone raved about and then picked the ball out of his net three times from three shots in the second half, the first two he certainly should have done better with.

If Greer can be criticised, so can Kuszczak. Not very good.

I have no words to adequately describe the retardation i've just experienced reading that tripe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here