Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kung Fu Cantona - 15 years on

Status
Not open for further replies.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Incidentally, whilst not wishing to describe the death of Paul Nixon as anything but tragic, how can blame be apportioned towards Cantona?
Obviously the twat who pushed him under the coach takes major blame.

Do you think that there was any reason for man.utd. fans to act the way they did.We were hardly big rivals were we.The two cup finals a few years before were totally friendly with fans drinking together etc.
Yes he takes a lot of blame.

Incidentally, whilst not wishing to describe the death of Paul Nixon as anything but tragic, how can blame be apportioned towards Cantona?

Thought I'd already explained but the scum held all Palace fans responsible for Cuntona's ban.
The cowards picked on a family man at a service station.
I'd have love Cuntona to have jumped into the Arthur Waite where we were that night.I'd have stamped on his f***ing face with several thousands in the queue behind me.
He didn't jump into our end though.He jumped into the family enclosure.
Shame.Still,one day,I hope a family tragedy befalls him.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Thought I'd already explained but the scum held all Palace fans responsible for Cuntona's ban.
The cowards picked on a family man at a service station.
I'd have love Cuntona to have jumped into the Arthur Waite where we were that night.I'd have stamped on his f***ing face with several thousands in the queue behind me.
He didn't jump into our end though.He jumped into the family enclosure.
Shame.Still,one day,I hope a family tragedy befalls him.

You sound like a very bitter man.

He kicked someone who called him a c**t. that's it. that's all he did.

You don't need to wish cancer upon him and all of his family because he kicked a fan.. can you not see that?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
With all due respect, the "family enclosure" contained Matthew Simmons, a man with previous for violence & robbery and who quite clearly lied in court about what he shouted on the night (not that it provided any excuse to Cantona either way).

So for my money it wouldn't have made much odds where Cantona did it.

And I'm sorry, but the people who killed Paul Nixon are clearly thugs of the highest order, adults who are responsible for their own actions, and you can't attribute their conduct to Eric Cantona any more than you could blame (say) Scott McGleish if something happened to an Orient fan at next week's game.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
You sound like a very bitter man.

He kicked someone who called him a c**t. that's it. that's all he did.

You don't need to wish cancer upon him and all of his family because he kicked a fan.. can you not see that?
And if it was one of your fans what would you think.Still,judging by replies on here, at least when we raised money for his 4 kids we were right not to ask you lot for support

With all due respect, the "family enclosure" contained Matthew Simmons, a man with previous for violence & robbery and who quite clearly lied in court about what he shouted on the night (not that it provided any excuse to Cantona either way).

And I'm sorry, but the people who killed Paul Nixon are clearly thugs of the highest order, adults who are responsible for their own actions, and you can't attribute their conduct to Eric Cantona any more than you could blame (say) Scott McGleish if something happened to an Orient fan at next week's game.

And with all due respect, Edna,do you reckon he would've been brave enough to jump into the crowd at the likes of Millwall,Leeds,West Ham,Cardiff etc; where you can bet that he'd have always got much more abuse than anything he got at Selhurst?

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley

Does it matter what he shouted?for fucks sake when people are sent off at the withdean or old trafford I am sure they get no stick at all.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Is that the best you can come up with?
have a go on your crack pipe,and come back later,
i think you can do better than that, or not?
Just back from school you twat?OOh my insults are better than your's,look at me:laugh::laugh:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And if it was one of your fans what would you think.Still,judging by replies on here, at least when we raised money for his 4 kids we were right not to ask you lot for support

You are confusing two entirely separate issues here. The first is Cantona jumping into a crowd after copping some abuse from a Palace fan. Clearly it was naughty by him, clearly he shouldn't have done it, and clearly if it had been a Brighton fan we'd have thought differently: that's the nature of a football rivalry. You'd have been the same were the situation reversed.

The second is the Paul Nixon issue which, as I understand it from your posts, relates to a bunch of thugs having a go at one of your fans to the extent that they pushed him under a bus. Absolutely nothing to do with Eric Cantona, or his family, and certainly not worthy of wishing death and pestilence on him.

If you'd been raising money for Paul Nixon's kids (I presume that's what you're talking about) then you'd have found plenty of support on here as it sounds like an utterly tragic incident. But you are miles out in allowing the morons responsible to shovel the blame on a footballer for an episode several months previously. It was a cup semi-final as I recall, and tensions would have been running high whether Cantona had been punished or not. United have their share of thug fans, as do Palace (I'm not suggesting Nixon was one of them) and every other club. The same thing could have happened to anyone, in any game.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I honestly don't believe the amount of hostility still coming from our Palarse chums over this incident. Bloody good job they ain't bitter, innit?

Jan 18, 2010
You're a piece of filth.
f*** Munich.Couldn't care less.One of ours was murdered in front of his kids.
If there's anything worse than cancer,I hope the French piece of filth gets it!
f*** munich when many innocent people died & for people with your mentlity to chant about it epitomises the phrase "what goes around comes around"
by your logic is matthew simmons not responsible for paul nixons untimely death ?:shrug:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And with all due respect, Edna,do you reckon he would've been brave enough to jump into the crowd at the likes of Millwall,Leeds,West Ham,Cardiff etc; where you can bet that he'd have always got much more abuse than anything he got at Selhurst?

It's not "brave" is it, just a temporary, total loss of control. Cantona showed throughout his career that he was easily wound up and would lose it very easily. I doubt he gave it a second's thought as he launched himself, and I certainly believe it wouldn't have mattered where it was. Millwall, Leeds- he just isn't the sort of guy to give a shit, and would have gone for it wherever.

Do you really think he stood there and thought "I'm not happy with this abuse, I'm going to do someone in the crowd...wait a minute...where's the family section so I know I'll be safe after I give one of them a shoeing"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here