Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just read the Argus report on the Forest game and think that Wilkins is being less than generous about FDM's performance, 'He had a good game. A lot of the saves he had to make were pretty run-of-the-mill stuff. If they had gone in the back of the net I think Michel and we would have been really disapointed'.

A good few were not run-of-the-mill methinks.

I have a sneaking suspicion Wilkins is not Michael's top fan

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have a sneaking suspicion that neither are you?

Not at all....I am now a big fan ( I have been won over as I thought up to a few months ago that the goalkeeping position was one that would come back to haunt us)

Credit where credit is due.

Add to the fact that he is a bloody nice bloke, even if he did embarrass me horrendously after the Doncaster game when in a very loud voice he offered to introduce me to one of the Spearmint Rhino hotties I was standing next to, just as I was going on the radio!:D:D:D:D

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
michael_kuipers.jpg

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just read the Argus report on the Forest game and think that Wilkins is being less than generous about FDM's performance, 'He had a good game. A lot of the saves he had to make were pretty run-of-the-mill stuff. If they had gone in the back of the net I think Michel and we would have been really disapointed'.

Exactly what I have been saying for ages and getting slated for saying it but I did accept that he was brilliant yesterday.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Anybody got a full list of the keepers FDM has seen off? Must come to a couple of dozen by now surely? ???

Off the top of my head

Packham
May
Roberts
Petterson
Beasant
Jones
Jones
Flitney
Yelldell
Henderson
Royce
Flinders

Sure there's more than that

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Off the top of my head

Packham
May
Roberts
Petterson
Beasant
Jones
Jones
Flitney
Yelldell
Henderson
Royce
Flinders

Sure there's more than that

Good list :thumbsup:

Hopefully the club will cease the piss-poor petty disrespect of FDM by reassigning him the No.1 squad number next season. Cos he's more than earnt it.

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
Was a pleasure to watch FDM's post-match interview on Seagulls World. I know that most people are of the general opinion that footballers are inarticulate joeys but Good Lord this Dutchman can probably speak English better than the rest of the team. I reckon FDM and Nicky Forster, always refreshingly honest and enteraining, should do ALL the post-match interviews.

Even if they didn't play

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I always have and always will love Kuipers.
There has never been a keeper to better him since we've been at Withers. Roberts came closest, at times I couldn't seperate them. But the FDM has ALWAYS been my favourite.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I've seen a few in my time but Michel is heading for just about my fav.

Sure, he'll have the occasional off day and maybe make a tremendous blunder but all keepers do that. he has been brilliant, pulling off fantastic save and has earned many points for us.

But more than that, it's his wholeharted love of the Albion and how enthusiastic he is. We all love a trier and he gives it all.

Michel, if you didn't already know it, you are a LEGEND and will forever be so!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I've seen a few in my time but Michel is heading for just about my fav.

Sure, he'll have the occasional off day and maybe make a tremendous blunder but all keepers do that. he has been brilliant, pulling off fantastic save and has earned many points for us.

But more than that, it's his wholeharted love of the Albion and how enthusiastic he is. We all love a trier and he gives it all.

Michel, if you didn't already know it, you are a LEGEND and will forever be so!

I am with you there Freddie.

Like you I am an older fan and FDM is up there with some top keepers for the Albion, which include Eric Gill, Dave Hollins, Brian Powney, Peter Grummit, Geoff Sidebottom, Graham Moseley and Mark Beeney.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here