Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kony 2012

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
"The issue with taking out a man who uses a child army is that his bodyguards are children. Any effort to capture or kill him will almost certainly result in many children’s deaths, an impact that needs to be minimized as much as possible."

a lose-lose situation really.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
"The issue with taking out a man who uses a child army is that his bodyguards are children. Any effort to capture or kill him will almost certainly result in many children’s deaths, an impact that needs to be minimized as much as possible."

a lose-lose situation really.

Sadly this is inevitable, though in the long run it would be necessary to kill off some already indoctrinated in order to save thousands in the future.

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
So, Peter Pan can gather a child army and that's fine. But when a Joseph Kony, a black man does it, everyone is up in arms and wants to call him a terrorist!

Racism and double standards at its finest.

AneWvqjCEAAcT82.jpg:large

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
These status updates about Kony are ridiculous, they've had 20 years to give a shit about it and they watch one video and all of a sudden it's a huge emergency which they'll have forgotten about by next week. Most couldn't even point out Uganda on a map.

Tend to agree, it's just the latest fashion and way to appear 'cool' and knowledgeable.

But there isn't harm in raising awareness of the issue and the rights and wrongs of IC. Just a shame as you say, most people will have forgotten about it next week.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
i used to live in uganda in the late 90's, and the LRA and Kony were both very well known then.
There were documentaries on tv about 10 years ago about him.

There was also a massive war in D.R.C at the time, pretty much purely sponsored by mugabe's gold interest in that country,( and their super corrupt mugabe's mate president) in which millions died, at the time, that brought zimbabwe to bankruptancy,

I seem to remember something happening back in Rwanda a while back, that the nation stood back by for a month (?) and watched happen.

Obviously, it is f***ing horrendous what is happening in Gulu, and I was unfortunate enough to witness many affects of it myself, (although entering was/is not a very easy thing to do due to te Lord's Resistance Army patrol points), but what of the sudden interest?
Have they found oil there?
I presumed Africa was quite an unfashionable place to invade these days......

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
One of the dodgiest charities in America... Great story and evil man, but charity seems tone a nice little earner for the directors

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
So, Peter Pan can gather a child army and that's fine. But when a Joseph Kony, a black man does it, everyone is up in arms and wants to call him a terrorist!

Racism and double standards at its finest.

AneWvqjCEAAcT82.jpg:large

afa.jpg

da5.jpg

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
i used to live in uganda in the late 90's, and the LRA and Kony were both very well known then.
There were documentaries on tv about 10 years ago about him.

There was also a massive war in D.R.C at the time, pretty much purely sponsored by mugabe's gold interest in that country,( and their super corrupt mugabe's mate president) in which millions died, at the time, that brought zimbabwe to bankruptancy,

I seem to remember something happening back in Rwanda a while back, that the nation stood back by for a month (?) and watched happen.

Obviously, it is f***ing horrendous what is happening in Gulu, and I was unfortunate enough to witness many affects of it myself, (although entering was/is not a very easy thing to do due to te Lord's Resistance Army patrol points), but what of the sudden interest?
Have they found oil there?
I presumed Africa was quite an unfashionable place to invade these days......

Oil was found in Uganda a couple of years ago, and there is a hell of a lot of it in South Sudan, and you also have the massive mineral wealth in DR Congo and C.A.R

IM not going to go into conspiracy theories of the US government being behind this campaign, but its interesting to see the amount of influence China has in alot of Africa atm with diminishing influence of the USA.
Im sure AFRICOM are loving this whole Kony thing atm, gives them alot of scope of getting their hands back on Africa and grabbing influence away from China.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just watched it. Can't see anything wrong in bringing this guy to justice. He doesn't even have any political demands. He is just a violent villain, who uses Children. Lowest of the Low!

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Sick ****, but GB or US wont go to war with them because theres no oil in the Congo, this country has known about loonies like this for years and we do fk all, Kids are being exploited and killed, families slaughtered.

Sadam Might have had weapons of Mass destruction and was opressing people, Still clearing up the war

There is oil in the Congo and lots of gas - East Africa is the next oil hot zone!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here