Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kony 2012

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
This has just made its way round to my Facebook and then I noticed this thread was here already, proof that this social networking may just work. Always good to have Clooney aboard, I feel so much safer when he's around.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
I watched this half an hour ago and it had 21,690 views. Now it has over 54,000.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Sick ****, but GB or US wont go to war with them because theres no oil in the Congo, this country has known about loonies like this for years and we do fk all, Kids are being exploited and killed, families slaughtered.

Sadam Might have had weapons of Mass destruction and was opressing people, Still clearing up the war

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
These status updates about Kony are ridiculous, they've had 20 years to give a shit about it and they watch one video and all of a sudden it's a huge emergency which they'll have forgotten about by next week. Most couldn't even point out Uganda on a map.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
These status updates about Kony are ridiculous, they've had 20 years to give a shit about it and they watch one video and all of a sudden it's a huge emergency

So we shouldn't bother now? Its already been 20 years lets let him continue.. This is the brilliance of social media.. Before this video I had not heard of Kony, I knew what the rebels did was wrong but nothing more.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
These status updates about Kony are ridiculous, they've had 20 years to give a shit about it and they watch one video and all of a sudden it's a huge emergency which they'll have forgotten about by next week. Most couldn't even point out Uganda on a map.

Surely that's the point of this video though? To raise awareness that this stuff is happening and that people can actually make a difference.
I can't believe how anyone wouldn't want to give this their full backing..

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Sick ****, but GB or US wont go to war with them because theres no oil in the Congo, this country has known about loonies like this for years and we do fk all, Kids are being exploited and killed, families slaughtered.

Sadam Might have had weapons of Mass destruction and was opressing people, Still clearing up the war

The US recently sent in humanitarian aid and US forces to help hunt down Joseph Kony. Which of course has nothing to do with the recent discovery of $2.5 billion barrels of crude oil along the border.

mrbigshot

Dec 15, 2009
Mid Sussex
I saw this yesterday about 11 it had 19k views now it's got 5million odd, it been all over twitter and Facebook. Amazing, shows the power of the internet

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
After seeing this I saw this posted on Jake Robinsons Twitter

http://visiblechildren.tumblr.com.nyud.net/

Worth reading, sheds a different perspective on the makers Invisible Children.

I was just about to come on here and post that - there's a lot of good supporting Kony 2012, but it's even better doing it after hearing all the facts and making an informed decision.

As someone whose job heavily involves social media, its brilliant that it's being used so effectivly, but also scary to see how it blindly leads so many...

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Yeah, Kony's a prize **** but Invisible Children aren't necessarily to be trusted. Read quite a lot about it today (being a geography student gives me way too much spare time) and IC seem very dodgy. 31% of the money goes on helping, the rest goes into the pockets of the leaders and the filmmaking.

STOP KONY....but probably not the KONY 2012 thingy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here