Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kodjia to Derby ££!!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Various Derby fans rabbiting on Twitter today about how "Brighton local radio" or, alternatively "BBC Sussex" (or "BBC Suffolk" in one post :lolol: ) have reported County have bid a hefty sum for Dunk this weekend.

Which is quite funny, as you'd have thought our local radio reporting this would have us all talking. And yet... :tumble:

Methinks somebody has made that one up :lol:

(of course, if Derby did bid for him, he'd be desperate to go there. Who wouldn't?)

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
If there's one manager I take great delight in failing it's Nigel Pearson. The bloke is just a nasty piece of work who has a history of threats of violence towards his own set of fans, James McArthur when he was on the ground and to a lesser extent but still unpleasant, the media.

I thought some of Derby's players have already stopped playing for Pearson last Friday night at Burton because he is a bully and hopefully he'll be sacked by October.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
How much did he cost Bristol City as apparently it was reported that we were in for him but they offered £500k more.

I didn't think that was what happened but I could be wrong.

We went over to see someone in France who was absolutely awful in the match he seen him and then turned out to be a very good player when he eventually went to another club. I thought that was Kodija but I am not 100% sure

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
In that time he would pick the ball up and plant it in the net but I dont think it will happen. Did CH sell him to Derby when he was manager at Norwich in which case it probably would be a no go.

I think he might have been released or sold just a few weeks before Chris went there

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I didn't think that was what happened but I could be wrong.

We went over to see someone in France who was absolutely awful in the match he seen him and then turned out to be a very good player when he eventually went to another club. I thought that was Kodija but I am not 100% sure

I think that you could be right but I am fairly sure I read that they paid £500k more than we offered.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I think he might have been released or sold just a few weeks before Chris went there

Checked dates and Hughton started at Norwich beginning of June 2012 with Martin making the permanent move to Derby in July 2013 (he had a loan spell at both Swindon and Derby in that time).

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Checked dates and Hughton started at Norwich beginning of June 2012 with Martin making the permanent move to Derby in July 2013 (he had a loan spell at both Swindon and Derby in that time).

I wasn't sure. I knew he hadn't played under him, so Chris must have released him

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I wasn't sure. I knew he hadn't played under him, so Chris must have released him

Chris Martin is extremely effective in the right system, playing up front on his own but we've not been playing to his strengths for some time. Would Hughton change his approach to centre it around Martin? Can't see it, and would he want to spuk £10m on him? Can't see that either. So I think Martin will go, but it'll be to a club who are maybe a bit more desperate than Brighton.....

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Martin played 3 times for Norwich under CH. 1 sub appearance in the Premier League and 2 starts against Scunthorpe and Doncaster (this was his final game for Norwich) in the League Cup.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If true, Villa also starting to splash the cash big time. How the **** can we compete.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here