Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert vs the East Stand

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
How about people just encourage during the game rather than have a go at every opportunity.

We had people moaning at AK for trying to encourage the crowd to be noisier !

Knockaert loses the ball more than most because he is actually trying to pass the ball forward and create something which is not easy !

If you want him to not take players on, not try and create chances and then we might as well give up now

Wide men have to take the game to the opposition, create chances and risks.. something our other wingers could do a bit more often

At least AK is not afraid of taking these chances, March for example rarely even attempts to take the full back on, his confidence is shot.

Surprised more hasn't been said about this

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
March for example rarely even attempts to take the full back on, his confidence is shot.

Surprised more hasn't been said about this
Plenty are talking about it, I don't see it myself.
I think opinions on March are directly linked to preseason predictions.

There was some serious bullploppies written about him in the Summer, 10+ goals, closing in on an England place, World Cup call up etc.
If that's where you started from you're going to be seriously disappointed now.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Plenty are talking about it, I don't see it myself.
I think opinions on March are directly linked to preseason predictions.

There was some serious bullploppies written about him in the Summer, 10+ goals, closing in on an England place, World Cup call up etc.
If that's where you started from you're going to be seriously disappointed now.

I think he was one that a lot of people saw as a player who might flourish in the PL...not so sure about England bit..but if we take Saturdays game as an example his standard of crossing was poor (off day?) and he wasn’t taking on the full backs as he normally does....confidence does seem low ( not the only one) but conversely I think he would benefit from a run in the team

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think he was one that a lot of people saw as a player who might flourish in the PL...not so sure about England bit..but if we take Saturdays game as an example his standard of crossing was poor (off day?) and he wasn’t taking on the full backs as he normally does....confidence does seem low ( not the only one) but conversely I think he would benefit from a run in the team

He hasn't been taking on fullbacks much at all this season - almost seems like he's scared to try. It was most noticeable at Old Trafford - don't think he attempted it once and yes his crossing hasn't been great. When he is good he is very good though, just need to see more of it.

Re Knocky, the suggestion of transfer request really wouldn't surprise me. Definitely something not quite right with the fella at the moment. Cutting an unhappy figure on the pitch. Could of course be BS though and it's just his normal frustration/petulance overflowing. As for saying he would 'stay forever' of course that's bollocks and something said emotionally at the time, so wouldn't be a contradiction if he left

Personally would love to see Jose given a decent run in the team - think he's struggling partly because he hasn't developed any kind of understanding with the rest of the team, so they're not finding his runs. So often he makes what looks like a good run but the ball is passed in a completely different direction.

kjgood

I do like the fact that the Amex is a mirror of the Goldstone in terms of the stands. The North Stand is still our 'kop', the West is where the posh people and directors sit, the South is a bit of an alternative kop to the North, not as noisy but plenty of atmos, and the East is completely silent and full of old men and moaners!

(In case you're wondering, I'm in the East...)

And away fans when teams like Liverpool come to town.

Long man

Dec 14, 2017
This thread actually made me join up on the NSC, probably because like most of us we yearn to see Knocky play his best again but something is missing or something is present, the thing present is grief it’s still there and eating him up in terms of mojo and confidence, the thing that is missing is a mentor, a father figure, someone that will tell him straight up how it is in a way that he will respond but it has to be 1 to 1 and someone that gets his spats, doesn’t react and sorts him out.

He still has a lot to offer but is off par but in the Burnley game there real moments of light again, fingers crossed, if he’d put that one in from Gross, he’d be elevated again. We’ll see sure enough but if he can’t do it at BHAFC he won’t do it elsewhere, I think he knows that, he respects the club he is just still battling with the loss of his Dad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here