Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert vs the East Stand

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Oh god forbid that a fan try to wake up an under-performing player with a shout or two... regardless of what stand it comes I can't see anything wrong in giving a player a kick up the ass when deserved. Glenn Murray has been on the receiving of one or two this season in the North and rightly so. Football is getting so PG its embarrassing at times.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Oh god forbid that a fan try to wake up an under-performing player with a shout or two... regardless of what stand it comes I can't see anything wrong in giving a player a kick up the ass when deserved. Glenn Murray has been on the receiving of one or two this season in the North and rightly so. Football is getting so PG its embarrassing at times.

I know a kick up the arse is a perfectly normal cathartic reaction from the crowd, but if we want to get the best out of these players, we need to be behind them*. Shouting at them is just going to make them frustrated and confidence-shy.

*Unless they couldn’t give a f*ck and are just picking up a pay check, in which case they’re not fit to wear the shirt. But our players are better than that.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Branded tea?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I do like the fact that the Amex is a mirror of the Goldstone in terms of the stands. The North Stand is still our 'kop', the West is where the posh people and directors sit, the South is a bit of an alternative kop to the North, not as noisy but plenty of atmos, and the East is completely silent and full of old men and moaners!

(In case you're wondering, I'm in the East...)

This. Tho you could blend your description of the East & West from the Goldstone days into one horrible West Stand thing: it was completely silent, full of posh people, directors, old men and moaners. Biggest stand and the most c*ntish BY FAR. Hate them to this day. C*nts.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
This. Tho you could blend your description of the East & West from the Goldstone days into one horrible West Stand thing: it was completely silent, full of posh people, directors, old men and moaners. Biggest stand and the most c*ntish BY FAR. Hate them to this day. C*nts.

The problem with longer opening hours ..

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
We did give a disapproving tut up the in East once, but the Head Librarian gave a very stern glance in our direction so we lowered our gaze and returned to Chapter Four, Page 62, paragraph four, first line "It was then that Caspian ......."

Thecoffeecake

Oct 10, 2017
Philadelphia
I've had to miss the last couple games, but he does things that drive me crazy. Primarily, he often refuses to release the ball. I can think of a couple times off hand he kept the ball when there was a golden opportunity to create legitimate scoring opportunities.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
How about people just encourage during the game rather than have a go at every opportunity.

We had people moaning at AK for trying to encourage the crowd to be noisier !

Knockaert loses the ball more than most because he is actually trying to pass the ball forward and create something which is not easy !

If you want him to not take players on, not try and create chances and then we might as well give up now

Wide men have to take the game to the opposition, create chances and risks.. something our other wingers could do a bit more often

At least AK is not afraid of taking these chances, March for example rarely even attempts to take the full back on, his confidence is shot.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I saw this, Knocky was not happy at all at one or two people. I thought there were a lot of moaners on Saturday even though in the main the team were playing well.
I've queried this a couple of times and yet to get an answer.
Was the incredibly loud groan, inside the first minute, due to Bong's misplaced pass, or had something else happened over there that I couldn't see?

If it was 'for Bong' it was fookin shameful, embarrassing and downright disgusting.

How about people just encourage during the game rather than have a go at every opportunity.

We had people moaning at AK for trying to encourage the crowd to be noisier !

Knockaert loses the ball more than most because he is actually trying to pass the ball forward and create something which is not easy !

If you want him to not take players on, not try and create chances and then we might as well give up now

Wide men have to take the game to the opposition, create chances and risks.. something our other wingers could do a bit more often

At least AK is not afraid of taking these chances, March for example rarely even attempts to take the full back on, his confidence is shot.
I finally got round to watching MotD, this morning.
Anyone watching that would struggle to make sense of the 'knockaert passing' thread.

As is customary we really are pisspoor fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here