Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knockaert - The standard of signing we needed

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He's never gonna be good enough as the Vicente who was having £36m bids by Real Madrid rejected for him, but I don't think it's unrealistic to say he could be good as our old, crocked version of Vicente - except without the old and crockedness.
Yep. But that's not what I took from "Vicente, without the injuries and age." Vicente without the injuries and age was world class.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What must be said is that CH has addressed our weakness and recified it so it augers well for the rest of the season if he can keep on top of it
I actually total agree with that - but perhaps you need to be a bit more consistent, surely? You must have noticed CH has completely failed to sign a left back, and is playing a right footed player there who isn't a natural left back anyway?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Peter Ward, Mark Lawrenson, Nobby Horton, Steve Foster might also be in with a shout. :D

I can clearly also remember being very excited when superb signings Steve Penney and Gerry Ryan ran down the wing.
I hope the new lad comes close to these legends.......

el punal

After an awful run of 7 games without a win we looked lost, Knockaert has dragged the team by its collar and made us a threat again.

If Skalak is somewhere near that standard we are looking good.

Murphy was excellent tonight too. About time we put a proper result in

I wonder if Knockaert is the catalyst for bigger and better things to come. As you rightly said his influence on the team has transformed them from being ponderous and lacklustre going forward to a counter attacking force to fear.

Not only that, but certain players have stepped up to the plate, so to speak. Dunk has improved and shows authority, Murphy at last is fulfilling his potential, Goldson is looking better game by game. In fact the whole team look sharper. It all bodes well for the future.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I actually total agree with that - but perhaps you need to be a bit more consistent, surely? You must have noticed CH has completely failed to sign a left back, and is playing a right footed player there who isn't a natural left back anyway?

He has moved up one step as Ridgewell is competant with his left leg if that is not his strong foot, which I doubt. I believe he is predominantly left footed. The next step up is a loan left back for 28 days to cover when he goes back until Bong and Rosenior are back. That is unless he has managed to extend the loan.

He has increased the supply of chances with Knockaert and hopefully the taking of them with Skalak.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Peter Ward, Mark Lawrenson, Nobby Horton, Steve Foster might also be in with a shout. :D

Deffo top class players mate without a doubt but maybe i should have said in the last 30 years then !:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here