Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knockaert - The standard of signing we needed

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
What impresses me most about him, it isn't his skill (that's obvious), it isn't his passion (that's obvious too), it's his high intensity runs. I've not seen a player like it, he covers so much ground, but a lot of players can do that as long as it's fairly low intensity, but my god the amount of high intensity sprints and runs he makes is unreal. It's just relentless, even in the 93rd minute he was still sprinting full pelt. Amazing.
It is his effort that is the difference, and it is rubbing off onto the rest of the squad, tonight showed that

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Quality signing, skill, passion, pace, commitment, good crosser, good free kick, good engine, knows where the goal is and bags of spirit and character. What's not to like apart from the French bit ... but nobody's perfect.

Don't be such a tit :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's a GEM of a player. I was chuffed when we signed him, and in the 2 home games I've seen him in, he's already surpassed my expectations. With Knocky already carving teams up, if Lua Lua comes back into the team in the form he was in before he got injured, and if Murphy can maintain the level of performance he showed tonight, then frankly, we are looking absolutely ridiculous.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
A brilliant player he was everywhere tonight. Just flicked though the game on tv and even when the final whistle went he was off running with the ball. He will win and save us so many points. Best player in the stripes in the amex history. Never thought Vicente could be beaten but knocks has so much more in his game. He's like the Duracell bunny.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I wasn't sure if it was him or a Brentford player that was referred to - I just heard 'bought from Shrewsbury' and '£1m' mentioned and assumed it was Goldson. I completely agree on the bargain though. Greer and Uwe have a task to get into the 11.

The commentator was talking about Brentford's Ryan Woods.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I was impressed with Knockaert's stength in holding off challenges. Looks a stunning signing and could easily weigh in with 6 or 7 goals by seasons end on that form.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
What a great start to his Albion career. He reminds me of dickov when we had him on loan down here from arsenal.

Screw that big lump Rhodes, Knocky is the signing of the transfer window for the Championship. Great work by the scouting team and Hughton.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Great set of wheels! Serious pace, you could see the defenders not knowing whether to dive in. Also played with great freedom. Great the way that the crowd warmed to him - injected pace + atmosphere. Will make an impact in the campaign surely?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Has a bit of gallic arrogance to him.

Love the way, after he scored and slid on his knees, he gave the smallest of little gestures with his head that said "There you go, have some of that!" Cantona-esque.

A massive crowd favourite already - what a signing!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Absolute class act.

I bet every other team in this division, and a few in the one above, would have him in their squad without question.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I thought the loss of March was devastating. That performance against Birmingham was almost a 10. I have to say, I did not expect Knockers to be performing to March's high point so soon or so consistently. Is be better than he was at Leicester? You'd only let him leave (Murray style) if you had a serious world class player as a preferred option.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
What impresses me most about him, it isn't his skill (that's obvious), it isn't his passion (that's obvious too), it's his high intensity runs. I've not seen a player like it, he covers so much ground, but a lot of players can do that as long as it's fairly low intensity, but my god the amount of high intensity sprints and runs he makes is unreal. It's just relentless, even in the 93rd minute he was still sprinting full pelt. Amazing.

I read an article when he signed and he said he likes to give absolutely everything in matches. He is an inspiration. Proper team player

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Vicente, without the injuries and age. Knockaert is immense.
Let's not over do it. He's been really good in the few games he's had for us, but I doubt he'll ever be as good as (the young version) Vicente.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Let's not over do it. He's been really good in the few games he's had for us, but I doubt he'll ever be as good as (the young version) Vicente.

He's never gonna be good enough as the Vicente who was having £36m bids by Real Madrid rejected for him, but I don't think it's unrealistic to say he could be good as our old, crocked version of Vicente - except without the old and crockedness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here