Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've currently dipped in and out and have so far skimmed up to page 30.

I'm knee deep in:-

'this squad is so weak'.
'So, the window is open for another 10 days'.

It's glorious.

So far, anybody now saying they knew Trossard was as good as he is - LIAR.
(Plenty hoped, unsurprisingly a few thought he wasn't, but nobody would nail their colours to the mast)

The anger leveled at Ali J is completely out of proportion to his lack of ability - anybody would think we were Arsenal fans.

Aaron who?

The acid test on this was the NSC “how’s your Albion mojo?” type threads once the transfer window shut. Many NSC’ers were very positive, really pleased in the end with the transfer business, and excited about an entirely new coaching approach after (with respect to CH) months of losing football.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Be nice if I called something right, can’t see it though :lol:

I was a bit 'fencey', only slightly coming down on the good move side, so this isn't 'haha I was right everyone else on the planet was wrong'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So far it looks like you might have a red phone hotline direct to Ashworth's ear. Whatever next, I suppose Murray isn't going to start....:whistle:
You suppose correct! :lol:

I'm now on page 41, so nearly there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't mind anyone bouncing posts where I was correct! :thumbsup::wink:

From my limited research on Potter, if anything he will ask as much if not more tactical flexibility from his players than Hughton did. Potter's teams appear to be as comfortable switching from a back 3 to a back 6. The Osterund v Galatasaray tie is a really interesting one because up against a superior side, his tactics were far from this all out attack people seem to think we'll get every game. I'm really certain on this one, that the likes of AJ and Locadia will have as much defensive duty as they had last season. They may start further up the field, they may have license to cut inside more and hit the box, but they will simply have to defend and be defenders when needed.

I'm hoping for a bit of an evolution of our team, with a few new faces we might do okay. I think you're hoping for a minor miracle and that is only going to lead to a bit of frustration when it still resembles parts of last season (the good parts obviously, but still...). It will probably end up me being reasonably happy and you being frustrated with the football again come the winter. Let's bounce this then and see. :thumbsup:

I'm gonna speak for [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] here and say he is far from frustrated.

And I'm done, with the exception of a quick look at AK's current stats.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm gonna speak for [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] here and say he is far from frustrated.

Well, I'm more than happy. Tick.

Pretty much called neither Locadia or AJ being suited to Potter's style. Tick.

Saturday we defended through the team when not playing well. Tick.

You and Icy being frustrated? I'll take that as being the cross then. :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well, I'm more than happy. Tick.

Saturday we defended through the team when not playing well. Tick.

You and Icy being frustrated? I'll take that as being the cross then. :lolol:
So you're not "reasonably happy" - cross :lol:

It was an amusing waste of time.

We must remind posters the transfer window won't be closing on the 21st January.

Other than Mooy I can't remember who else was signed after 21st August.
I guess it doesn't matter as In the eyes of far too many contributors, on this thread, they don't exist.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So you're not "reasonably happy" - cross :lol:

It was an amusing waste of time.

We must remind posters the transfer window won't be closing on the 21st January.

Other than Mooy I can't remember who else was signed after 21st August.
I guess it doesn't matter as In the eyes of far too many contributors, on this thread, they don't exist.

This is getting a bit cryptic now and I normally follow your logic so well. :mad:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I have no idea what’s going on between you and [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] but I left my frustration (and anger) at the way we were playing when I watched the first friendly from Austria. I have NEVER felt so enthusiastic about the football we play since I started following in 1976 :shrug:

We had moments under Poyet but he shat himself when we played the big boys and turned ultra negative for some games. I have yet to see anything that suggests GP has a negative “way to play football” bone in his body. We WILL get some stuffings because of it...is my prediction, hopefully I will just be able to shrug it off :smile:

WTF this has to do with AK though is way beyond me :lolol:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I'd still welcome him back, a very explosive creative player but hasn't always played his part for the team. If Potter can get him to make better decisions he would be a great addition to the squad

Not going to happen. Knocky's issue is much more of an attitude problem as we all know his ability. I think Potter has shown that he does not want ' difficult' people to manage. It's not good for the team and it's just too much effort. Note how quickly Andone got shipped out.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Somebody was actually arguing with me after the match on Saturday stating Knockeart was much better than Trossard. I asked if he had actually watched the last 20mins of the game

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Somebody was actually arguing with me after the match on Saturday stating Knockeart was much better than Trossard. I asked if he had actually watched the last 20mins of the game

Really? Loved Knocky, was a real talisman I thought when we were in the Championship. PL not so much, had a few good games but inconsistent at best.

Trossard is just the dog dangly bits. He's class above Knocky and will be one of the best Albion players in years over the next couple of seasons. That other bloke doesn't know his football.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Really? Loved Knocky, was a real talisman I thought when we were in the Championship. PL not so much, had a few good games but inconsistent at best.

Trossard is just the dog dangly bits. He's class above Knocky and will be one of the best Albion players in years over the next couple of seasons. That other bloke doesn't know his football.

I was arguing the case but he wouldn't have it. Trossard will be picked up by a top club for a big big fee

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was arguing the case but he wouldn't have it. Trossard will be picked up by a top club for a big big fee

You only have to watch Trossard for the third goal to see that he is a class apart, he got into the box had time to look up and lay on a quality pass that Murray may or may not have got to. How often did AK (who I am a big fan of) look up in the box?

Trossard is Hazard lite, he won’t be here for too long imo. His introduction saw the whole team reinvigorated with his movement and skill.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm really certain on this one, that the likes of AJ and Locadia will have as much defensive duty as they had last season. They may start further up the field, they may have license to cut inside more and hit the box, but they will simply have to defend and be defenders when needed.
Neither of them are playing for us - how is that a tick?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here