Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

mike1901

May 12, 2017
I’d 100% still have him here. He is class. It’s a squad game.
Your right it is a squad game, unfortunately as good as Knocky was he wasn’t a squad player he wanted to play every game,
and found it hard to accept being on the bench, which may have been causing problems, hence why he is now at Fulham.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I note he came on as a late sub yesterday. Has he been injured? Or is he not first choice?

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
One of my colleagues is a Fulham fan. He likes him but says he has been inconsistent since his arrival.

An inconsistent winger - Quel Surprise !

Only winger I remember being consistent was Franz Carr of Forest. Beat defender, get to the line and cross to Row Z. Repeat. And Repeat.

Consistency is overrated....

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Only winger I remember being consistent was Franz Carr of Forest. Beat defender, get to the line and cross to Row Z. Repeat. And Repeat.

Consistency is overrated....

See also Ruel Fox.

To be fair we don’t and won’t play with wingers in this style. It’s probably why March had a face like a slapped arse when he came on, doesn’t like his new instructions.

Your right it is a squad game, unfortunately as good as Knocky was he wasn’t a squad player he wanted to play every game,
and found it hard to accept being on the bench, which may have been causing problems, hence why he is now at Fulham.

I go along with the notion that you manage players like that rather than let their expectations manage themselves out of the club

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
See also Ruel Fox.

To be fair we don’t and won’t play with wingers in this style. It’s probably why March had a face like a slapped arse when he came on, doesn’t like his new instructions.

You think March preferred playing as an auxiliary full back?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I go along with the notion that you manage players like that rather than let their expectations manage themselves out of the club

I agree, however a manager shouldnt have to literally man manage a player like one does a toddler. CH may have been happier to do this with a few. Potter demands better intelligence?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Very much this.

Some seem to believe that we are about to enter a phase where, when the opposition have possession, we'll be leaving four on the halfway line who will be telling the defence "when you get it back lads, kick if up to us so we can work our magic"

All a bit delusional, I fear.
Or not.

AJ scrubbed from the history books.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
You think March preferred playing as an auxiliary full back?
Well he may as well be.... he offers little in the way of an attacking threat in the final third... buffs and puffs, but little or no end product..... a la villa park recently.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I agree, however a manager shouldnt have to literally man manage a player like one does a toddler. CH may have been happier to do this with a few. Potter demands better intelligence?

True, in theory but would you want us to reject a super-skilled French or Italian player who was temperamental. .. if he could be coaxed into performing by a skilled man manager?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
True, in theory but would you want us to reject a super-skilled French or Italian player who was temperamental. .. if he could be coaxed into performing by a skilled man manager?

No, but like the drummer vs drum machine joke, you’d hope to only have to punch the information in once!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
That it is. :lolol:

:lol: that’s brilliant to read, I can’t believe I was in such a negative head space. Delighted to have been completely and utterly wrong.
If we’re honest, did anyone expect Potter to have quite as much of an impact as he has? I appreciate I went overboard in the opposite direction but I can’t see too many people who thought we’d be playing the football that we are.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:lol: that’s brilliant to read, I can’t believe I was in such a negative head space. Delighted to have been completely and utterly wrong.
If we’re honest, did anyone expect Potter to have quite as much of an impact as he has? I appreciate I went overboard in the opposite direction but I can’t see too many people who thought we’d be playing the football that we are.
I've currently dipped in and out and have so far skimmed up to page 30.

I'm knee deep in:-

'this squad is so weak'.
'So, the window is open for another 10 days'.

It's glorious.

So far, anybody now saying they knew Trossard was as good as he is - LIAR.
(Plenty hoped, unsurprisingly a few thought he wasn't, but nobody would nail their colours to the mast)

The anger leveled at Ali J is completely out of proportion to his lack of ability - anybody would think we were Arsenal fans.

Aaron who?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I've currently dipped in and out and have so far skimmed up to page 30.

I'm knee deep in:-

'this squad is so weak'.
'So, the window is open for another 10 days'.

It's glorious.

So far, anybody now saying they knew Trossard was as good as he is - LIAR.
(Plenty hoped, unsurprisingly a few thought he wasn't, but nobody would nail their colours to the mast)

The anger leveled at Ali J is completely out of proportion to his lack of ability - anybody would think we were Arsenal fans.

Aaron who?

I think we all knew who Connolly was, but didn’t appreciate that he was ready. Agree about Trossard, very few could have predicted that he’d be quite as good as he is.

Edit. Has Alzate even warranted a mention?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'd still welcome him back, a very explosive creative player but hasn't always played his part for the team. If Potter can get him to make better decisions he would be a great addition to the squad

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think we all knew who Connolly was, but didn’t appreciate that he was ready. Agree about Trossard, very few could have predicted that he’d be quite as good as he is.

Edit. Has Alzate even warranted a mention?
A couple of people have, you might even have been one of them.
By page 30 he had played in a couple of pre-seasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here