Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
It depends if we can buy two more players and what quality those two players are.

True, but going on what little info we have, I wouldnt be disappointed if Maupay and Hayden were what we ended up with.

Of course if we can do better, then happy days.

Either way we will be better off than we are now.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
No, Solly takes over from Knockaert, Trossard from Locadia. Andone and Maupay will initially operated as back up to Murray, until one proves capable of becoming first choice.

Hayden has plenty of Premier league experience as a DM, something Propper is not cut out to do.

Who would you suggest we go for?

Right back needs sorting regardless.
Can’t see Murray starting as first choice and surely AJ will start on the right as this is his preferred position.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The idea that Bloom is going to weaken the squad when he stands to lose over 100 mill is f***ing laughable.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Gonna miss him! Has been such an exciting player to watch. Can't help thinking that this is the beginning of changing of the guard if you see what I mean...

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Can’t see Murray starting as first choice and surely AJ will start on the right as this is his preferred position.

I'd start with Solly initially unless Potter can do great rebuilding job on AJs confidence in pre season. Last season Solly started on fire.

Murray is still the best striker we have, unless pace becomes more important than finishing.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I'd start with Solly initially unless Potter can do great rebuilding job on AJs confidence in pre season. Last season Solly started on fire.

Murray is still the best striker we have, unless pace becomes more important than finishing.

Murray is the best striker we have because he was the only one given a real go last season.

We have no idea the potential of Andone or Locadia gven a decent run of games UP FRONT.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Whatever happens. He’s been incredible for us. Shame how it’s ended. But he’s clearly not in Potters plans. He has his own vision. We must be getting somebody else in as atm we’re light on the wings. In potter we trust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
What’s to stop Trossard being as abysmal as Alireza, as inconsistent as March, as injured as Izquierdo? Seems like a lot is resting on him hitting the ground running, meanwhile Alireza ‘deserves’ a season under Potter, yet Knockaert doesn’t? I’m thoroughly confused by our approach thus far, we’ve not strengthened any of our glaringly obvious weaknesses, though we have been treated to the annual Paul Barber sound bite about the costs of players, whilst letting an asset go for beer money. As it stands, is out first XI or match day squad actually any better than the one that fortuitously survived relegation?

Well said that man.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Whatever happens. He’s been incredible for us. Shame how it’s ended. But he’s clearly not in Potters plans. He has his own vision. We must be getting somebody else in as atm we’re light on the wings. In potter we trust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In Potter we support and will judge by results and performances after taking the opposition into account.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Personally I think it is a mistake to let Knocky go, yes he only scored 2 goals last season but that is twice as many as March, Izquierdo and Jahanbakhsh combined. Anthony was our top player for assists (6) the same as March, Izquierdo and Jahanbakhsh combined. Personally I would have let one of the others go.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It’s all about opinions and my opinion is this is fecking ridiculous

Love him or hate him, knocky was the ONE PLAYER you would look forward to seeing playing on a Saturday

Yes there were times when he was petulant, sulky, ball greedy, but there were also times when he was sublime...a silky skilful winger who would take a player on, no matter who he was. He was an entertainer, a joy to watch and in a sea of mediocrity he was a shining beacon of what old fashioned wing play was.

Now we are getting rid of him to give an Iranian who isn’t half the player knocks is, an untried Belgian who has never played in the premier, locadia who we have seen precious little to tell us he is a half decent footballer and March who is injury prone and goes missing time after time, a game in his position when they are not as good as him.

This is just bat shit crazy and I really Hope potter and this football director bloke knows what they are doing, because if we don’t hit the ground running and we are looking for creativity and a spark of genius, he is now to be playing his trade at Fulham.

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
It’s all about opinions and my opinion is this is fecking ridiculous

Love him or hate him, knocky was the ONE PLAYER you would look forward to seeing playing on a Saturday

Yes there were times when he was petulant, sulky, ball greedy, but there were also times when he was sublime...a silky skilful winger who would take a player on, no matter who he was. He was an entertainer, a joy to watch and in a sea of mediocrity he was a shining beacon of what old fashioned wing play was.

Now we are getting rid of him to give an Iranian who isn’t half the player knocks is, an untried Belgian who has never played in the premier, locadia who we have seen precious little to tell us he is a half decent footballer and March who is injury prone and goes missing time after time, a game in his position when they are not as good as him.

This is just bat shit crazy and I really Hope potter and this football director bloke knows what they are doing, because if we don’t hit the ground running and we are looking for creativity and a spark of genius, he is now to be playing his trade at Fulham.

Couldn't agree more with this.

boik

Love Knocky, but think this might be the right time, probably for him personally. He's a good player but not quite as good as he thinks he is, hence his propensity for overplaying, losing the ball needlessly and dropping the team in the mire. Not sure if Yves might be a bit similar, but he has time to be taught properly.

Think this season might be a bit GP MK1 - players confused early on about playing out from the back, losing it and the crowd screaming get it forward. Very hopeful that after a month or so it will start to gel.

Certainly won't miss the Maty kicking for touch to gain the yardage.

Au revoir Anthony and thanks for some great memories.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Stat's don't really fly with me when it comes to Knocky. I sat through some dross last season; several games when the atmosphere was flat, a piece of Knocky magic lifted the crowd, which in turn lifted the team & quite often we went on to get a result.
No stat's for that though.

"we went on to get a result". :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: very good. We barely got any results.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here