Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knighthoods who do you propose ?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Ray Davies the lead singer of a 3rd rate pop group The Kinks or is there another Ray Davies. Perhaps he has done more that I am not aware of.

Third rate pop group? wash your mouth out. One of the best song-writers of his generation!!!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
If he was that good what did he write that people like me would know or heard of.

Firstly, he could be a great songwriter and still have written loads of stuff that you had never heard of - and that's not getting at you at all.

Secondly, the main one that springs to mind is "Waterloo Sunset". But other than that,
You really got me
All day and all of the night
Tired of Waiting for you
Dedicated follower of fashion
Sunny afternoon
Autumn Almanac
Days (Thank you for the days)
Lola
Come dancing
david watts

Now tell me you don't know any of those.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Firstly, he could be a great songwriter and still have written loads of stuff that you had never heard of - and that's not getting at you at all.

Secondly, the main one that springs to mind is "Waterloo Sunset". But other than that,
You really got me
Tired of Waiting for you
Sunny afternoon
Autumn Almanac
Lola
Come dancing
david watts

I know them from the 60s as played by the Kinks but the way it was stated I expecetd him to have written classic songs for other artists like Lennon and McCartney

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I can't believe this thread has degenerated to a quibble about whether you are or are not a great artists if you do or do not write hits for others . . . . oh . . . its a BG diversion . . . I see . . .:ffsparr:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I can't believe this thread has degenerated to a quibble about whether you are or are not a great artists if you do or do not write hits for others . . . . oh . . . its a BG diversion . . . I see . . .:ffsparr:

It's only two of us..... and it needed putting right.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As they say everyman to his own but I can still see no reason why Ray Davies should even be considered for a knighthood you might as well give one to the singer at The United Services Club tomorrow.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
How do you ignore someone on Tapatalk Harry? I've had enough of BG's tripe. In not even a big fan of the kinks but it seems most threads he's involved in end up like this. I am half certain it's a spoof account anyway.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
How about one for Bozza for services to the Conservative Party ?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
P
If he was that good what did he write that people like me would know or heard of.

You really got me
Tired of Waiting for you
Sunny afternoon
Autumn Almanac
Lola
Come dancing
david watts

I know them from the 60s as played by the Kinks but the way it was stated I expecetd him to have written classic songs for other artists like Lennon and McCartney

:facepalm:
So you have heard of these songs by The Kinks.

You sound like the sort of bloke to argue about the colour of Orange juice. :bla:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How do you ignore someone on Tapatalk Harry? I've had enough of BG's tripe. In not even a big fan of the kinks but it seems most threads he's involved in end up like this. I am half certain it's a spoof account anyway.

Not sure.....and not sure I want to 'ignore' anyone, anyway . . . . I like to feel the pulse, and that. If it is a spoof account, he's got amazing stamina given the number of posts.

A friend of mine spoofs right wing chat sites, by asking long studious questions, and making very slight observations, at great length. Hang on . . . . :whistle::lolol:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
As they say everyman to his own but I can still see no reason why Ray Davies should even be considered for a knighthood you might as well give one to the singer at The United Services Club tomorrow.

Are you aware of punctuation, or is it deliberate stream of consciousness writing.

But I think that most people with any interest in music would accept that Ray Davies was a major, major figure in 1960s British music, let alone what he has done since. He is still around and still going strong. Maybe you should get out more - and to somewhere other than the United Services Club.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
How about Sir Keith Richards.

For services to just still being alive.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Yeh, I bet he knows My Way and Danny Boy. Probably Sweet Caroline too!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not sure.....and not sure I want to 'ignore' anyone, anyway . . . . I like to feel the pulse, and that. If it is a spoof account, he's got amazing stamina given the number of posts.

A friend of mine spoofs right wing chat sites, by asking long studious questions, and making very slight observations, at great length. Hang on . . . . :whistle::lolol:
Lol! You naughty lad!

As for ignoring, I've not ignored anyone else, even the palace trolls. But, I'm just a little tired of his inane ramblings.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My point is that the thread asked who should be given a knighthood. I believe they are given out to freely and should only be given for exceptional deeds over a long period of time. I do not consider Ray Davies meets this criteria, in fact I think very few do. I think the music industry has very few and most that do have been rewarded like Cliff Richard, disregarding any recent accusations, Paul McCartney was another obvious. I am even more against sportsmen getting one based on winning 1 particular title or medal. Lewis Hamilton has won 3 Formula 1 titles so perhaps when he retires he should be considered. Perhaps Andy Murray eventually.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here