Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Klopp bang on re early leavers.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Crowds dip when people leave early; there is nothing in my comment that refers to not coming at all. The point made was that players don't try as hard because people are leaving early. That's similar to other professionals not doing their best because they have a smaller class, only one haircut left before they knock off, etc. If anyone thinks that professional footballers play less well after 85 minutes because they can see people leaving early, well...

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Crowds dip when people leave early; there is nothing in my comment that refers to not coming at all. The point made was that players don't try as hard because people are leaving early. That's similar to other professionals not doing their best because they have a smaller class, only one haircut left before they knock off, etc. If anyone thinks that professional footballers play less well after 85 minutes because they can see people leaving early, well...

Look, I'm not going to drag this out for ever so let me try to clarify one more time:

A teacher putting in less effort when a few pupils are absent would be equivalent to football players putting in less effort when there was a smaller crowd.

Football players putting in less effort because they see fans leaving before the end of the game would be the equivalent of teachers putting in less effort if some of the kids got up and left before the end of the lesson.

Simple.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Look, I'm not going to drag this out for ever so let me try to clarify one more time:

A teacher putting in less effort when a few pupils are absent would be equivalent to football players putting in less effort when there was a smaller crowd.

Football players putting in less effort because they see fans leaving before the end of the game would be the equivalent of teachers putting in less effort if some of the kids got up and left before the end of the lesson.

Simple.

If you were a university lecturer and a load of people left your lecture early you would naturally feel disheartened. This could and probably would effect many people's performance for the remainder of the lecture.

I would suggest that if you don't believe that a drop in crowd numbers wouldn't effect the team then you cannot believe that an atmosphere can affect the team or in the old adage of the crowd being the twelfth man.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003

Simple.
Maybe my wording should have been, "if several pupils go home early from school due to a sickness bug..."

I never used to like it when people left early either, but my circumstances changed so I now understand that people have their reasons. I don't judge them on it, and it would be easy to as I now see out the whole game.

But yes, let's not drag it out any more [emoji2]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here