Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Klopp bang on re early leavers.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If someone would sort the ****ing train joke out then more people would stay, simple as.

The Emirates was half empty at 85 mins today as well with the match in the balance.

As regards trains at the Amex, we left after the final whistle and were back in Lewes by 5.20. Well done Southern.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I was at Anfield today as I live in Liverpool and someone offered me his season tickets, I was surprised how many left early. I think generally the reason many fans around me were leaving was because they were so passionate about their team they just couldn't bear to watch them lose. One guy left with his 9ish year old kid, walking along near touch line. The kid just kept looking back, obviously thinking they might score a late equaliser the dad was just marching off. Bit pathetic / selfish but I just think he couldn't handle losing. Some fans leave early to avoid traffic lots leave early because they are bad losers. Personally I always stay to the end then clap players off.

I think you are being very generous.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I can understand people leaving a little bit early on a Tuesday night ,but why leave early on a Saturday afternoon . In all the years I have watched the Albion never left early apart from when we got stuffed at Selhurst . Why do people want to miss the last 10 - 15 mins of a match whilst the game is still in the balance ? What difference does a half hour make in getting home on a Saturday evening ? I don't understand it especially if the team needs the support

I can understand people leaving a little bit early on a Tuesday night ,but why leave early on a Saturday afternoon . In all the years I have watched the Albion never left early apart from when we got stuffed at Selhurst . Why do people want to miss the last 10 - 15 mins of a match whilst the game is still in the balance ? What difference does a half hour make in getting home on a Saturday evening ? I don't understand it especially if the team needs the support

What game where we got stuffed?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Customers pay to get in and can leave whenever they like. Fans stay until the end even if the team are being handed a drubbing. I cannot remember ever once leaving early in all my 50 odd years of following my club

Is that 50 years of every home game?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
CTUln5pWEAEPKrS.jpg

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Every week we see the same old faces leaving their seats early, but would they do the same in a West End theatre watching Le Mis or Jersey Boys?

If I went every other week and knew the ending I would be very tempted.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
If someone would sort the ****ing train joke out then more people would stay, simple as.

I like to complain as much as the next guy, but after the time it took me to just reach Reading bloody train station last week, I realised just how good we've got it here.

Honestly, at the Amex I can wait until the final whistle, walk from my seat in the East Lower for the Seaford train and be back home within 45 minutes.

It took me double that just to get back into Reading. I honestly felt sorry for them.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I like to complain as much as the next guy, but after the time it took me to just reach Reading bloody train station last week, I realised just how good we've got it here.

Honestly, at the Amex I can wait until the final whistle, walk from my seat in the East Lower for the Seaford train and be back home within 45 minutes.

It took me double that just to get back into Reading. I honestly felt sorry for them.

Spot on. Over an hour to get back on the M4 from the madstad.......we are spoiled. Crappy transport is a myth.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I leave when I want, sometimes early, sometimes till the end.

Couldn't give a flying toss what anyone thinks about it.

My post was to point up your childishness, your reply emphasises your thickness.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Ahh, the myth that the trains are an issue.

This all came about because of one midweek evening cup game where they announced that there was a limited service (probably due to the unexpected and therefore unplanned game because it was a cup game) and that it could take longer to get away than normal.

Ever since, lots of people leave early, thinking that there would be the same lack of trains again but the reality is that the service is very good considering how many fans that use them after the match.

How many other events are there where there would be similar passenger numbers expected to use the trains (10k to 20k fans a game?) and how many tend to get away those numbers usually within about 30 mins of joining the queue and often a lot less?

What do those who think that the trains are a problem expect ? - an instant service where they are all lined up and as soon as one is filled, the next pulls into the station and everyone is gone within 5 minutes? - It will always be seen as a problem if expectations are impossible

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I can only assume that people leaving early for "transport issue" reasons don't attend many away fixtures. If they did they'd be saying "we're so lucky you can stay 'til the end at the Amex and get home in reasonable time as opposed to *insert name of any number of clubs*.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here