Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

KLL surely the bloke behind me is the only one who thinks he's rubbish??

mynameisdave

Oct 9, 2013
If there had been an option he still wouldn't have found it. When they named him man of the match I laughed out loud. I know they were struggling but Kusczak deserved it more for his first half performance at least. KLL was in that game the exact embodiment of what Gus Poyet called wrong decision making.

why wouldn't he have found it then?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
My very JCL neighbours (house not Amex) don't like him either. Blamed him for Forest defeat by "all his diving".

I try not to talk to them about the Albion.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
why wouldn't he have found it then?

Because as Mellotron said, he doesn't look up. If he had and found there wasn't an option, as you rightly say, then he wouldn't have crossed, looked behind and tried to set up another attack.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
My very JCL neighbours (house not Amex) don't like him either. Blamed him for Forest defeat by "all his diving".

I try not to talk to them about the Albion.

To be fair that's what he is good at!! I'd rather he dived and got us a free kick than cross without looking up.

mynameisdave

Oct 9, 2013
Because as Mellotron said, he doesn't look up. If he had and found there wasn't an option, as you rightly say, then he wouldn't have crossed, looked behind and tried to set up another attack.

but as I've already stated what about the Bolton and milwall assists? did he not look up then either?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I like Kaz. He has a crazy amount of raw pace and power, and I really want him to succeed with us, as when he's "on it" he's a genuinely exciting player.

But there is no excuse for anyone at this level playing with their head DOWN constantly. I'm amazed that hasn't been drilled out of him by now. He could improve so much.

mynameisdave

Oct 9, 2013
85% pass rate playing with his head down seems to really work maybe more people should try it

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
No, there are others. Bloke in front of me thinks he's not good enough for the team. He's fairly knowledgeable, goes to away games, but doesn't like Kaz due to the final ball being poor. My thoughts are that if the final ball was really good, he'd be in the premier league, and as it is, he's still creating more chances than anyone else. When the away team get behind the ball, we give it to Kaz because he's got more chance of making something happen than anyone else.

Are you sure you are not two rows behind Dave?

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
He does the same old step over thing that he has been doing for years, but he is still good. I will never forget him in League One, was a goal a game practically.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
he made a comment last year about dobbie being a sheep sh$%$%$ even thought the blokes Scottish,

He thought Dobbie was/is Scottish?!?! Well, he got that right then!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
but as I've already stated what about the Bolton and milwall assists? did he not look up then either?

I don't think he did v millwall. There was a guy at the near post that the ball went behind. Bolton was a free kick so it's not really the same thing. For some one who is rated so highly by so many people is two assists 12 games into the season enough?

The last two games I've been challenged for giving KLL average marks in the ratings threads, but I wouldn't say he is rubbish. I see him run and not look up and see his options so I tend to find his runs frustrating, especially as they tend to end with a goal kick, I tend to see him wait for several defenders to come close so he can try to take them all on rather than beat the one guy who was the when he received the ball. For me this frustration detracts from the excitement of watching him run a bit with ball.

Often overrated? Yes. Occasionally deserving of the hype? Absolutely. Rubbish? No.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
He does the same old step over thing that he has been doing for years, but he is still good. I will never forget him in League One, was a goal a game practically.
I think you are misremembering - the only goals we scored in League One were the result of Gus's unique brand of total football....

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I tend to see him wait for several defenders to come close so he can try to take them all on rather than beat the one guy who was the when he received the ball. .

THIS. It's so frustrating to watch someone that fast slow down instead of keep running when realistically he could fly past most opposing defenders. I remember a game last season (don't remember which) on the counter attack it was Kaz against the last defender and instead of trying to ghost past or even draw the defender in to making a foul he slowed right down to his step over which gave the opposition time to get players back and the chance was gone.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think you are misremembering - the only goals we scored in League One were the result of Gus's unique brand of total football....

What a bizarre and needless dig out of the blue. We were BRILLIANT under Gus. Get over it and move on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here