Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kjell Scherpen - Albion in talks with Ajax Goalkeeper (Signed 16/07/2021)

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
5 millions euros is a complete joke. Everbody in the Netherland is laughing their heads off, even Ajax itself. His performance against AS Roma was very weak. Save your money. Don't buy him or offer 1,5 millions euro.

Sorry to spoil your fun.

Didn’t you guys say the same thing about Veltman, and he’s been exceptional for us?

Our recruitment and head coach have a very good eye for a player. I’m willing to be they’ve seen something in this lad and will bring the best out of him.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Still awaiting the first "Veltmannetje"

He’s had shaky moments in a couple of matches, but by and large has delivered 7 or 8 out of 10 performances in nearly every game.

Pretty exceptional for his first season in a huge step up to an elite league.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
One of my best mates is an FC Emmen fan and he says he's ̶s̶h̶i̶t̶e̶h̶o̶u̶s̶e̶ a decent young keeper with a fair bit of potential; like all youngsters, he has his off days but he's got the right attributes to succeed at a high level, apparently.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
5 millions euros is a complete joke. Everbody in the Netherland is laughing their heads off, even Ajax itself. His performance against AS Roma was very weak. Save your money. Don't buy him or offer 1,5 millions euro.

Sorry to spoil your fun.

Sounds very much like Ajax fans when we signed Veltman.............maybe it’s just playing in Holland that’s the problem. ???

dutchfan

May 27, 2021
Scherpen played well at the European Under-21 Championship, but shaky in his first year in Emmen and Ajax 1.

Veltman: its a miracle.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sounds very much like Ajax fans when we signed Veltman.............maybe it’s just playing in Holland that’s the problem. ???

Having signed not just Veltman, but also Locadia and Jahanbaksh, we well know, that form in the Eredivisie is utterly irrelevant to real life.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Good stuff. I like an early summer transfer.

It confirms that Walton and Ryan will be off.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I’m certain we have a great set up for keepers not only Ben Roberts who’s top tier. Rather than loaning this guy out to our Belgian partner or something it sounds like he needs a year or 18 months of training here with us then to be a legit challenger for first team.

Walton always gave back up vibes at PL level (still excellent) with a low ceiling compared to Sanchez or McGill. Think we bought him while in League 1 to develop into hopefully a Championship level keeper which he definitely is. I thought we were loosing him on a free so if true we extended him and will get a small fee due to one year left that’s good news. McGill strikes me as another Walton who’ll become Champ standard and could be the back-up long term if happy in the role or suddenly kick on and become amazing if we’re lucky. We seem one or two years away from having true competition for Sanchez though assuming we ditch Ryan. Lots of prospects a year or two away from that but Sanchez jumping Ryan so fast perhaps distorted the planned pathway. First World Problem though!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It’s Never an early superstar striker unfortunately...

We signed Maupay nearly a month before deadline day at the beginning of August (Championship top scorer), Murray returned at the beginning of July, and three years ago almost to the day we signed Andone.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If he wants to dislodge Big Bob from the #1 jersey he'll have to Scherpen up

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Too short , this bloke is 6ft 10inch and he still can't see over Dan Burns Quiff .

download (5).jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here