Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kjell Scherpen - Albion in talks with Ajax Goalkeeper (Signed 16/07/2021)

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Sturm Gratz and Austrian Prem hardly a bad standard, just not the pinnacle of the PL. If he’s happy for a couple of years developing whilst being paid by us instead of a host club I don’t feel this is a case where there’s a huge rush to move him on. More a wait and see. The very tallest keepers often take a couple more years to fully develop and settle into their body compared to others as well. Being commanding on crosses and a bit of extra reach, to me is better than fast reactions (talking milliseconds difference due to height) but I can understand why instead of either we look at ability on the ball to choose where we focus and looks like we’ve decided he might not suit that (or us) today. Who knows in a year’s time if a new manager comes in though or our defense becomes even more ball playing and less aerially dominant. If we had Ben White and Veltman as our CBs you’d want a monster between the sticks I suspect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here