Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kit announcement date and time being announced at 4:30

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Do not understand how a new kit can cause such excitement and stress :shrug:

I'm still not over the "exciting announcement at half time" bollox which turned out to be the Orange kit when the team had just played absolute shite in the first half of the game. More interest in a marketing opportunity than what was going on on the pitch.

This is what worries me. All this continual nonsense about the club being 'Premier League ready' Well that may well be so off the pitch, but the only place where it really matters, on the pitch, it clearly isn't.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I couldn't really give 2 hoots about the release, however, surely from a marketing point the club really misjudged this. It's a fact that a lot of youngsters, (& some older) would love the chance to wear the new strip on their hol's.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Don't see much wrong with what the club's doing here. Building suspense, trying to hype it up and drag it out by having the two kits revealed a week apart. Just seems a good marketing ploy to me

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm really not convinced that this will sell extra shirts, we're not Real Madrid, nobody outside the existing fanbase will be waiting on tenterhooks for this release and the fans that were going to buy these things will probably do so anyway.

This is a tenterhook by the way, I don't think I've ever seen one before.

tenterhooks.jpg

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
This is what worries me. All this continual nonsense about the club being 'Premier League ready' Well that may well be so off the pitch, but the only place where it really matters, on the pitch, it clearly isn't.

I'd say thats a tad harsh. Agree with your sentiment, the off the pitch things are of course not as relevant as on the pitch like you say. But we came so so so close last year, and look to be hoping to challenge again. Any other year and we probably would have won the league last year on 89 points, so our on the pitch efforts are certainly promising to say the least.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
It does only say 16/17 kit on the news info, so may be only a 1 year shirt

Which may indicate that the club may be having a new kit manufacturer from next season, as all 3 shirts are due to end at the end of the 16/17 season.

All of our recent home shirts have been for two seasons.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm really not convinced that this will sell extra shirts, we're not Real Madrid, nobody outside the existing fanbase will be waiting on tenterhooks for this release and the fans that were going to buy these things will probably do so anyway.

This is a tenterhook by the way, I don't think I've ever seen one before.

tenterhooks.jpg

You're talking bollocks. That is clearly a picture of 6 tenterhooks.

el punal

So last season's effort was clearly not worthy of Premier League status? We could well end being promoted this season with fewer points, less wins and more defeats, then what would your opinion be? :shrug:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'd say thats a tad harsh. Agree with your sentiment, the off the pitch things are of course not as relevant as on the pitch like you say. But we came so so so close last year, and look to be hoping to challenge again. Any other year and we probably would have won the league last year on 89 points, so our on the pitch efforts are certainly promising to say the least.

Promising l agree, but until we actually get over that line . . . it has to be looked upon as failure.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
So last season's effort was clearly not worthy of Premier League status? We could well end being promoted this season with fewer points, less wins and more defeats, then what would your opinion be? :shrug:

Of course I agree, it was terribly bad luck!, but the fact remains, we are still not in the Premier League.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Clearly the announcement about the announcement is because when they unveil the kit our new big name signing will be wearing it.
You heard it here first, unless I'm wrong in which case this post will self destruct.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Does anybody actually like the faded stripes that we will undoubtedly be announcing soon?

I've yet to hear positive feedback on it here or elsewhere.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What a TIN POT club

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Faded stripes would be utter shithouse.

The club's merchandising has been getting gradually worse, to the point that I couldn't find a single thing to buy my kids for Christmas last year. If we have those awful faded Mike strips I'll be putting up a strong defence to their insistence that they have the new shirt. And, as I hold the money, I'll win that particular debate.

If we do go faded, then fingers crossed the away shirt is decent.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hope they have a shirt amnesty soon. I've 2 that need trading in for a discount voucher.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Gonna stick my neck on the line here and say that, as long as the top half is solid blue instead of white, I don't actually mind the faded stripes... :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here