Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kit announcement date and time being announced at 4:30

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
If it is any thing like the new away kit, it will be as exciting as having the colours of the current one reversed, so white sleeves, blue collar, white stripe in the middle etc.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Surely I can't be the only one finding the manufactured excitement about "kit announcements" unfathomable.

Back in the day, a "kit announcement" might have read "Brian Tawse's Mum says the stripes have admittedly faded a bit on the back, but it'll just about do again for next season."

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Surely I can't be the only one finding the manufactured excitement about "kit announcements" unfathomable.

Back in the day, a "kit announcement" might have read "Brian Tawse's Mum says the stripes have admittedly faded a bit on the back, but it'll just about do again for next season."

No. You are not the only one. I couldn't give a monkey's about it. Unless of course the stripes disappear, at which point I will go batshit mental.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I have to say I struggle to understand the level of interest in a new blue and white striped shirt. (Maybe because we had blue with white arms when I started going)

Yep, I was a bit pi55ed off when we moved away from that "traditional" strip. (I started going in 1969.)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm a forty something with a slightly protruding stomach. I don't do home shirts, not striped ones. The away one is nice though. I await with interest, although I won't be racing home to find out.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Have the club not even put anything out on Twitter yet to TEASE us today ? Leads me to suspect they're trying to SNEAK it out due to it being one of those utterly horrific manky faded ones.

I had exactly that thought. It's all very quiet this morning.

The small hope I'm clinging on to re that point is that our previous home kit was at least more or less bespoke (I mean, you couldn't buy the bare design in any Nike catalogue when it was released), and Barber promised when that deal was signed that the home kit wouldn't be a Teamwear catalogue job (but the away shirt would).

Let's hope that part of the deal remains in place for the second Nike home shirt, and it wasn't just something they did for the first one simply to assuage fans' fears of ending up looking like Hartlepool United, or the Hammer & Anvil Sunday League 2nd XI.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm a forty something with a slightly protruding stomach. I don't do home shirts, not striped ones. The away one is nice though. I await with interest, although I won't be racing home to find out.
Vertical stripes are slimming.

:)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Let's hope that part of the deal remains in place for the second Nike home shirt, and it wasn't just something they did for the first one simply to assuage fans' fears of ending up looking like Hartlepool United, or the Hammer & Anvil Sunday League 2nd XI.

The 2014/15 team did a pretty good job of that themselves, to be fair.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Here they come

[tweet]756428727496675328[/tweet]

Oooooooooooooh!

(I'm middle aged and still the excitement of a new home shirt resonates with me, at least until I see it and realise I hate it :lol: )

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Oh boy. I hope I'm as 'cool' as some of you miserable old men when I'm your age. (Oh, I am your age.) FFS lighten up. Your not dead yet. Stop using the fact your old as an excuse for being tight, or basically not wearing whatever the hell you want; no matter how colourful or stripy it might be, and show your team support proudly. It's a football match, no one is suggesting you wear it to work or out on the pull. YAWN!

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Oh boy. I hope I'm as 'cool' as some of you miserable old men when I'm your age. (Oh, I am your age.) FFS lighten up. Your not dead yet. Stop using the fact your old as an excuse for being tight, or basically not wearing whatever the hell you want; no matter how colourful or stripy it might be, and show your team support proudly. It's a football match, no one is suggesting you wear it to work or out on the pull. YAWN!

Quite right too!
I'm middle aged in a couple of months, assuming I live to 100 :lolol:
I wear a footy shirt every time we are playing, I'm not at the games, being here in Spain but do I care if people think I'm too old to be wearing a football shirt? Do I bollocks!

You say I shouldn't wear it on the pull though?
That explains being single then :lolol:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Not exactly rushing the teasers out, are they? Hardly a promising sign ....

Robski

Oct 6, 2010
Worthing
Cn90hzlWIAAtkHs.jpg

No fade

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here