Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kit announcement date and time being announced at 4:30

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It will sell well, very well. That's what happens. I imagine the press release detailing Albion fans' unprecedented demand for a new away kit has already been drafted. Look out for it some time next week. Collectively, we've pre-ordered in record numbers doncha know.

If you don't buy shirts, there is nothing to see here - it really doesn't matter what the shirt looks like - you wouldn't buy one anyway.

The kit being out of Nike's catalogue is how it goes. We know that. There are no surprises there. We all know you can pick one up for a little over a tenner. The club take that stock shirt and add three transfers to it (the Albion badge and the Amex logos front and back) and those badges add about £10 a piece to the price we have to pay for the Albion version. Again, no shock there.

The Nike deal is one of the biggest commercial deals the club has ever struck. It's these deals that help put the likes of Anthony Knockaert into those Nike shirts. Personally, I don't really give a toss what the shirt looks like if we can fill it with players like him.

As a parent, I'll give my kids a choice of new home and away shirts and dutifully hand over my cash to the club. My kids will be proud to be seen in an Albion shirt, and they will be regardless of what it looks like. I'll be proud because they are proud.

The only thing that grates is what seems to be the likelihood that both shirts may be one season wonders. Given the cost of these things, it would be good to know that you'd get 2 years out of a shirt if you buy it at launch. Clubs, including the Albion, should do better here.

This all over. I haven't bought replica kit for myself since the black and red striped Skint away shirt in the first season or two at Withdean but I do always get one for my son. It actually gets a lot of wear for the £40, every game he goes to, every training session he does with his club and every mufti day at school. Only his school uniform gets more wear. He really likes the black and I'll get one for him unless the home shirt is amazing (which, if it's fade, it won't be). FWIW I like the black too and the little nod to last season's successful away kit in reverse.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Supposedly, yes.

I think the club have dragged the whole thing out for so long that no one is interested any more.

Perhaps they've lost interest themselves.

I want to know just to know at this point. It's almost certainly going to have a huge iron on sponsor badge so I won't buy it, but it'd still be nice to know.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have to say I struggle to understand the level of interest in a new blue and white striped shirt. (Maybe because we had blue with white arms when I started going)

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Supposedly, yes.

I think the club have dragged the whole thing out for so long that no one is interested any more.

Perhaps they've lost interest themselves.

Yep. It's almost like they are dragging it out to make up for the lack of transfer activity we are seeing.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Whatever it looks like, will probably be about a 48% / 52% split anyhow.

Thumbs-Up-and-Down.jpg

Jimmy Grimble

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The only thing that grates is what seems to be the likelihood that both shirts may be one season wonders. Given the cost of these things, it would be good to know that you'd get 2 years out of a shirt if you buy it at launch.
I know I'm in the minority here, but I don't see the problem with wearing shirts from a few seasons ago - if anything, it's better, as it shows your not (your child isn't) a JCL.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
If it looks like the Poznan shirt, i can deal with it, if it looks like the coventry shirt, I will puke my guts out through my eyes.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Have the club not even put anything out on Twitter yet to TEASE us today ? Leads me to suspect they're trying to SNEAK it out due to it being one of those utterly horrific manky faded ones.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Well the Athletico Madrid Home shirt doesn't fit into any of the teamwear categories so maybe our home shirt will be based on that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here