[Albion] Kindle

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Dried twigs, grass or paper.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have nothing of any genuine value to add to the OP's question, because I am an old fart who still values the feeling of a paperback in my hands.

I appreciate a Kindle is the way forward, but I do a COLOSSAL amount of reading when I'm splayed out on a sunbed next to a pool, whilst often getting terrifically drunk. Therefore, a slightly damp £4.99 paperback left on my towel is certainly preferable to a £130 bit of kit that I would have to keep half an eye on, or remember to take back up to the room following a dreamy afternoon of watered-down all inclusive local beers and Pina Coladas.

I'm willing to be swayed though.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
As [MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] says - Kindle Paperwhite. I had the original Kindle since 2010 but Mrs BS bought me the Paperwhite last Christmas. So much simpler being backlit rather than pulling the night reading light out. Nice and light to carry and coupled with a Kindle Unlimited subscription shared with family does all I need.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is a backlit Kindle the official end to a sex life ?

Asking for a friend.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’ve been reading my second generation kindle for years, but it finally gave up the ghost a couple of months ago. As I have another tablet I didn’t want a kindle fire , so I got a new generation kindle paperwhite off of eBay. 50 quid, so a lot cheaper than from Amazon, and now I’ve got used to it, I love it.
I read a lot , probably a book a week, and Mrs LLF prefers to sleep at night, but is a light sleeper, so I can read til stupid o’clock and I don’t have to have the light on disturbing her.

Suits us both very well.
I also like having over 500 books in the library to dip into any time.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Great items, really like the option to change font size, although my wife seems to have her Kindle on one size down from Braille, so only has about a couple of sentences to a page.
Lots of books available free or for 99p, easy to carry around when out and about, and as others have mentioned easy to read in bed with the backlight so that bedside lights can be turned off.
I wouldn't use it for a coffee table book with lots of glossy photos, but other than that a great investment.
Had mine for 8 years with no problems.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I bought a kindle about 10 years ago and didn’t really use it very much but had downloaded quite a few books on it. Then I discovered the kindle app and now read all my books on the iPad.
When I eventually manage to get a flight back to the UK, I can watch a movie, listen to my music, read a book, play sudoku or read NSC all on one device.
The kindle lies dormant in the back of a drawer somewhere!

SAC

May 21, 2014
Is a backlit Kindle the official end to a sex life ?

Asking for a friend.

That came after marriage.

I bought a Kindle Fire but found I only used it to read books and it's not great if reading in sunshine. I recently bought the Kindle Paperwhite which is much better for reading outside.

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
I love my back lit kindle. My tip would be to get a decent case as I crushed a previous kindle when I had a cheapo case, but a decent case means it will last a long time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here