Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Not sure you can argue they won't have issues with funding for 24/27 when that's exactly what problem Forest have had!! Also bear in mind, whilst they got a fee for Maddison and Barnes, they lost a lot of good players, Tielemans, Amartey, Perez, all without a fee to help balance the books.

It’s looking more and more likely that Leicester will face a points deduction once their expected promotion is confirmed. All their troubles would have gone away if they’d only sold us their best player. Perhaps we can nab him in June still.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
They have until 30th June to bridge the gap.
If they go up, which I expect they will, they either try to avoid the points deduction by selling players such as KDH or just accept the punishment.
I wonder whether we’ve already done a deal with Leicester City for him. A deal to say we’ll buy at a certain price if we complete it before 30th June, or we just sit back and wait to see if they have a fire sale at the end of the season.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
If they go up, which I expect they will, they either try to avoid the points deduction by selling players such as KDH or just accept the punishment.
I wonder whether we’ve already done a deal with Leicester City for him. A deal to say we’ll buy at a certain price if we complete it before 30th June, or we just sit back and wait to see if they have a fire sale at the end of the season.
I’ve had a hunch for a while a deal is already done.

I have zero evidence for this.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I’ve had a hunch for a while a deal is already done.

I have zero evidence for this.

I doubt we have anything agreed, otherwise we could have signed him in Jan and loaned him back until the summer.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I doubt we have anything agreed, otherwise we could have signed him in Jan and loaned him back until the summer.
I think there’s a few things I’m putting together:
- Leicester need to sell for FFP
- They’ll need to sell someone who came through the ranks for a decent amount to maximise profit
- we are clearly interested
- I can imagine a deal along the lines of ‘we are not selling in Jan and derailing out promotion bid but we will do a deal for the summer to ensure we get the funds before 30 June.
- we do not want any news leaked which might impact our promotion bid
- it’s all not that dissimilar to the Pedro deal

So that’s the 2s and 2s I’m putting together to make 1005.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
- They’ll need to sell someone who came through the ranks for a decent amount to maximise profit
- I can imagine a deal along the lines of ‘we are not selling in Jan and derailing out promotion bid but we will do a deal for the summer to ensure we get the funds before 30 June.

There is no flaw in your theory, apart from that JP had a release clause so it wasn't down to Watford at all !!

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

That’s what I think. However, nothing other than a hunch.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't understand why posters are so certain he'd leave.
As it stands we might be swapping places with Leicester - and he's too good for the Championship.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't be wet, or a troll, whichever it is.
We're still a point away from the magical 40 mark - and have been for a little while now!!!!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Possibly not - I think we can only loan out a max of 7 players aged 21 or over. We may be at the limit.

I don’t think loaning back a 35m player is a particularly good look for any club, let alone a club of our size.

It makes more sense to have an agreement set up for early pre season, where they utilise him for promotion and we get a fixed fee probably with a discount for our troubles

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here