Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

phoenix

May 18, 2009

@dazzer6666

Again I don’t dispute your logic and I agree with what you’re saying - wholeheartedly.

I just worry we’ll stand to lose Roberto, which would be a great shame as it felt like were on the cusp of something incredible… it’s not entitlement on my part, just a bit inevitable and sad 😔 if my worse fears come to pass.
I get what you are saying. But you can't go through life stressing over things like that. He's going to be gone because were Brighton thats how it works. We took Potter from Swansea after all. It gives someone a chance to manage our excellent team and move forward.

Last edited:

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Lose him where though? If Liverpool come calling he wouldn't be turning them down because we've signed Dewsbury-Hall.

Anyway, it's the curse of the good young manager. The better they do the more they are in demand. The only way we keep them is if they fail to hit those heights, which is in itself disappointing.
Excellent post , put far more succinctly than i could ever attempt :thumbsup:

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
Wages.
Fees are only part of the equation.
Baleba and Dahoud should be on similar or less to Alexis and Moises. Bart should be on less than Sanchez. We also reduced the wage bill further by loaning Undav and shifting Connolly, Zeqiri and Khadra.
Oh absolutley. I'm sure TB will give you his blank cheque book to write whatever it is you are dreaming of, afer all he's only put in a few hundred MILLION quid into the club.

Better still, why not start a campaign for some fat Boner Billionairen American to take over and squander a BILLION quid and be lower than us in the PL - or some head chopping Petro State and fcuk the morals.

Who needs this Bloom bloke with his measured, sensible approach to football eh? Bin I say, BIN !!
I'm literally just stating facts. I wasn't even complaining, just saying that De Zerbi shouldn't be treated like a manager who has had a lot of backing
Surely all signings have to replace an outgoing player at some point, or we'd have a squad big enough to reenact The Longest Day.
There's obviously a difference between bolstering a squad and immediately signing replacements for outgoing players
Is there a reason I can't see Pedro on your list?
Fair enough but he alone doesn't count as backing De Zerbi

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I get what you are saying. But you can't go through life stressing over things like that. He's going to be gone because were Brighton thats how it works. We took Potter from Swansea after all. It give someone a chance to manage our excellent team and move forward.
This.

Can’t understand the panic about RDZ leaving. Two constants through our recent history of massive progress - Bloom and Barber - players and coaches can come and go, as long as they’re here, we’ll be alright. IF, big IF, he is as unhappy about things as some speculate, let him throw a strop and quit, we’ll be ok.

Plus personally, I do think RDZ is generally overhyped. Edwards spelt it out the other night - solid, well drilled teams know how to stop and beat us now quite easily. If RDZ can pull us out of this ‘rot’ and get us playing exciting, winning football again with this excellent group of players, I might start to believe the hype. At the moment though, our form for the majority of this season, including just 3 wins in last 16 league games and generally not particularly exciting football leaves a lot of questions.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This.

Can’t understand the panic about RDZ leaving. Two constants through our recent history of massive progress - Bloom and Barber - players and coaches can come and go, as long as they’re here, we’ll be alright. IF, big IF, he is as unhappy about things as some speculate, let him throw a strop and quit, we’ll be ok.

Plus personally, I do think RDZ is generally overhyped. Edwards spelt it out the other night - solid, well drilled teams know how to stop and beat us now quite easily. If RDZ can pull us out of this ‘rot’ and get us playing exciting, winning football again with this excellent group of players, I might start to believe the hype. At the moment though, our form for the majority of this season, including just 3 wins in last 16 league games and generally not particularly exciting football leaves a lot of questions.
He’s given us some brilliant moments but that lack of wins, particularly against lower teams, plus our poor defensive record suggest he’s miles from the finished article a top team would want yet.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This.

It is interesting though how these days it’s often discussed here (by folk with widely differing opinions). 4 months ago the only talk was which summer he’d eventually resign, after taking us higher and higher.

The other new thing, including within your post, is fans beginning to question RDZ’s ability and decision making. Also largely unheard of 4 months ago. Until then a deity.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He’s given us some brilliant moments but that lack of wins, particularly against lower teams, plus our poor defensive record suggest he’s miles from the finished article a top team would want yet.

I thought the Liverpool talk last week was silly. RDZ’s a promising attack minded coach, inspirational to his players. But he doesn’t do defence and there is only one overall playing foundation. The big prizes are won by teams/squads with quality defensive attributes.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
There's obviously a difference between bolstering a squad and immediately signing replacements for outgoing players
That's fine if you're selling a load of shite, but if you're selling MacAllister and Caceido at the level they'd got to by last season we're not going to be buying players who improve the first team in the short term.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
. At the moment though, our form for the majority of this season, including just 3 wins in last 16 league games and generally not particularly exciting football leaves a lot of questions.
I keep hearing about this 3 wins in 16, mainly from crowing fans of lesser clubs. What no one mentions is that in the same period we’ve won 4 EL matches and 2 away FA Cup games. Recent league form has been disappointing of course but we've had one of the worst injury records in the league, I think 3rd only to Newcastle and Brentford. And while we’ve not won a lot of PL games recently, we’ve drawn a lot.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Plus the £40m transfer fee.
Exactly, Lallana is a special case because of his pedigree and that there was no fee. If we had signed Kudas for £40m plus an £80k a week salary then that's going to affect the wage structure. Kudus and Gilmore are about the same age but there would have been a massive difference in their wages.

As for RDZ, I'm sure like any manager, he'd love a blank cheque book but he knows the score at Brighton and what the model is. He also knows that our squad had suffered from many injuries and missing players at Afton and Asia Cup. Get them back (fit) and things will start to purr again. Probably the most significant loss was Pervis as his absence had a very detrimental affect on Mitoma.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Feels about right.

IMG_2633.png

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It is interesting though how these days it’s often discussed here (by folk with widely differing opinions). 4 months ago the only talk was which summer he’d eventually resign, after taking us higher and higher.

The other new thing, including within your post, is fans beginning to question RDZ’s ability and decision making. Also largely unheard of 4 months ago. Until then a deity.
Last season he took over an incredibly well drilled team already on a high and with a world class centre midfield the envy of every team on the planet. He did a good job obviously but I always felt some of the praise was a bit OTT.

To be fair, there were posts on here from various posters even then saying what will happen when teams work us out. This is a real test of his management now, as I say, if he can get us back to previous performance levels then I will be fully on board with all of the others in adoration of him. If he was to quit soon without having kicked on again, I would say that is a failure on his part and he’s not elite level. If he really wants to show himself as one of the best, he needs to stay with us and prove it. He’s got one of the best jobs in world football and is lucky to be here.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
At least we haven’t had to spend the latter part of the January window dealing with bollocks like we did with Caicedo last year

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Last season he took over an incredibly well drilled team already on a high and with a world class centre midfield the envy of every team on the planet. He did a good job obviously but I always felt some of the praise was a bit OTT.

To be fair, there were posts on here from various posters even then saying what will happen when teams work us out. This is a real test of his management now, as I say, if he can get us back to previous performance levels then I will be fully on board with all of the others in adoration of him. If he was to quit soon without having kicked on again, I would say that is a failure on his part and he’s not elite level. If he really wants to show himself as one of the best, he needs to stay with us and prove it. He’s got one of the best jobs in world football and is lucky to be here.

I think I'm largely in agreement with you. Surely the definition of being a good manager is to be able to work with the players that are available to you (and their abilities, good or bad). Of course, we HAVE suffered significantly from injuries and that will impact what we are able to achieve this season, but De Zerbi has to be able to get results with the players he is able to put on the pitch (and I think he has done that, on the whole, so far).

I do see some similarities between some of our fans and the way they genuflect to RDZ, and the way the Leeds' fanbase worshipped Bielsa (which, of course, induced a great amount of mockery on here). And on more than one occasion watching Albion this season it has felt like we have as little regard (or ability) for defence as Bielsa's Leeds!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
At least we haven’t had to spend the latter part of the January window dealing with bollocks like we did with Caicedo last year
Because our best players are injured and all premier league clubs are now being tight as?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here