Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kieran McKenna

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Why are people saying Potter ffs he had an affair, dumped us and ghosted us ?

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Why are people saying Potter ffs he had an affair, dumped us and ghosted us ?
Because they have very little knowledge of all the possible alternatives in Europe and need to feel ‘involved’ in the ’who will be next’ discussion?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
You haven’t though, we have been shipping so many soft goals that we did not concede regularly under Potter. Agree it’s been horrible, more horrible than under Potter imo. It was a complete disaster for most of the last three months and it was not just due to injuries, shit tactics and a manager with his eye off the ball were just as much to blame. I am not as forgiving as the De Zerbi cult on here for his behaviour and tactics during that time.
Sure we've been shipping more goals with De Zerbi.
But we still shipped plenty of irritating goals under Potter.

Personally I preferred the extremes.

Potter earnt our respect, but it was difficult to love the guy.
De Zerbi, can be infuriating, but when he's on fire, he is inspirational.

I suspect he will never last more than 2 seasons anywhere. Once the passion cools, he loses interest.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I’m actually a bit concerned about this. I think we were ‘all in’ on McKenna and looks like we’ll get gazumped by the fat yank again. And it’s all very well saying we have a ‘list’ but when we lost Caicedo we got Baleba (who’ll be a good player but for now is a downgrade), when we lost Colwill we got Igor, and when we lost out on Kudus and Dewsbury Hall we got no one. Missing out on our #1 targets is not a good thing, however the club spin it. And I struggle to see any other candidates (at least that we know about) who would appear to be an upgrade on RDZ.
Me too.
It's really difficult to know the truth these days with social media and click bait journalism but seems clear he is our number one target and that we've gone 'all in' against a club with many, many more chips.
My question would be this...
We must have realised the likes of Chelsea and Man U (especially) would be interested if they sacked their managers. So what was the probability of that? At least 50%, probably more.
We've surely known all along that this is a seriously unlikely move.
Now we almost certainly will be beaten to him by Chelsea (and I wouldn't bet against him holding out for Man U's decision on ETH).
So now we've show our hand. Any other manager knows they're second, third, fourth choice.
We've lost our midfield. Our manager in strange circumstances. Huge amounts of our talent and decision making department. Our medical staff that we seemingly took months to replace etc etc.
Beginning to feel a little like the wheels are wobbling.
Obviously if KMc chooses us it's going to be an amazing pick me up.
If we miss out on him though...

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
They are interested in him, McKenna, Frank, and an unknown, but seem to have made an offer to McKenna which suggests that he is their main target.
If they were to take Frank away from Benham it would take a heart of stone not to laugh. Him and Toney gone in one summer may give one of the promoted sides a good chance at survival. (Not Leeds, Not Leeds, Not Leeds 🤞).

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I’m actually a bit concerned about this. I think we were ‘all in’ on McKenna and looks like we’ll get gazumped by the fat yank again. And it’s all very well saying we have a ‘list’ but when we lost Caicedo we got Baleba (who’ll be a good player but for now is a downgrade), when we lost Colwill we got Igor, and when we lost out on Kudus and Dewsbury Hall we got no one. Missing out on our #1 targets is not a good thing, however the club spin it. And I struggle to see any other candidates (at least that we know about) who would appear to be an upgrade on RDZ.

Tony goes All IN when he knows he has an unbeatable hand and the pot is worth winning.

De Zerbi wasn't released so we could ensure we got McKenna.
A Happy De Zerbi - was our preferred best option.
It's clear that if De Zerbi isn't happy, the results are pretty sketchy.
So we've moved on. We have a list and we will work through it quickly to make sure we get a good manager in time for pre-season.
That will be essential.

Our first choice position last summer, was move Mac Allister on and get another season from Caicedo.
When Caicedo, threw his strop, we made the best of the situation.
We have been crowing about the money we made all season, when the reality is, with Caicedo and Billy as our pivot, we could well be looking at another season in Europe and maybe a cup final along the way.

As a fan group we do like to over estimate just how good everything is behind the scenes.
We are an exceptionally well run club, but that certainly doesn't mean we always get our first choice outcome in all things.
Very far from it.

But we are unlikely to make a terrible appointment.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Tony goes All IN when he knows he has an unbeatable hand and the pot is worth winning.

De Zerbi wasn't released so we could ensure we got McKenna.
A Happy De Zerbi - was our preferred best option.
It's clear that if De Zerbi isn't happy, the results are pretty sketchy.
So we've moved on. We have a list and we will work through it quickly to make sure we get a good manager in time for pre-season.
That will be essential.

Our first choice position last summer, was move Mac Allister on and get another season from Caicedo.
When Caicedo, threw his strop, we made the best of the situation.
We have been crowing about the money we made all season, when the reality is, with Caicedo and Billy as our pivot, we could well be looking at another season in Europe and maybe a cup final along the way.

As a fan group we do like to over estimate just how good everything is behind the scenes.
We are an exceptionally well run club, but that certainly doesn't mean we always get our first choice outcome in all things.
Very far from it.

But we are unlikely to make a terrible appointment.
Absolutely spot on.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Me too.
It's really difficult to know the truth these days with social media and click bait journalism but seems clear he is our number one target and that we've gone 'all in' against a club with many, many more chips.
My question would be this...
We must have realised the likes of Chelsea and Man U (especially) would be interested if they sacked their managers. So what was the probability of that? At least 50%, probably more.
We've surely known all along that this is a seriously unlikely move.
Now we almost certainly will be beaten to him by Chelsea (and I wouldn't bet against him holding out for Man U's decision on ETH).
So now we've show our hand. Any other manager knows they're second, third, fourth choice.
We've lost our midfield. Our manager in strange circumstances. Huge amounts of our talent and decision making department. Our medical staff that we seemingly took months to replace etc etc.
Beginning to feel a little like the wheels are wobbling.
Obviously if KMc chooses us it's going to be an amazing pick me up.
If we miss out on him though...
Must have known Chelsea and United would be in for McKenna?
He might be the bee's knees but he's still never managed above championship level.
When did either of those clubs last sign a manager without pedigree? Ok I am stretching pedigree to include well loved ex-players of the club.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Must have known Chelsea and United would be in for McKenna?
He might be the bee's knees but he's still never managed above championship level.
When did either of those clubs last sign a manager without pedigree? Ok I am stretching pedigree to include well loved ex-players of the club.
When it moved, over the last few years, towards a focus on youth and progressive outlook both in terms of players and managers. See...
Arteta
Potter to Chelsea
Chelsea's transfer strategy
O'Neil
Iraola and Bournemouth's transfer strategy
Etc
Etc

It's not about experience or reputation anymore. It's about data and disruption.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
"...Brighton will consider the return of Graham Potter." I mean that could just be a case of the board discussing "Graham Potter? Not going to happen. Who's next next for us to consider?"

I also genuinely believe McKenna would or certainly should have major doubts about the Chelsea job, given the such short shelf of recent predecessors.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Sure we've been shipping more goals with De Zerbi.
But we still shipped plenty of irritating goals under Potter.

Personally I preferred the extremes.

Potter earnt our respect, but it was difficult to love the guy.
De Zerbi, can be infuriating, but when he's on fire, he is inspirational.

I suspect he will never last more than 2 seasons anywhere. Once the passion cools, he loses interest.
Oh yes, full on DeZerbi ball was the best football I’ve ever seen from an Albion team. Grumpy, moany, blame everyone else ball was far more annoying than Potterball imo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here