Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kieran McKenna

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Nonsense.

He left us in 4th place and can do it again. 11th back to 4th is not regressive.
Seems very unlikely but I agree. Personally would rather have Potter back if the alternative becomes someone like Russell Martin. He’ll end up somewhere decent some day. The way he left was a disgrace but he transformed the style before that & the players clearly liked working with him.

I don’t think it’d be top of anyone’s list but having taken a chance that was realistically too good for anyone to refuse, he could actually be the one coach who’s happy now to stick with our model long term.

BiffyBoy

Aug 20, 2012
I think it’s unfair that everyone is judging Potter pre glow-up.

It’s like meeting up with your ex after a few years. She’s had loads of work done and has just come out of a toxic relationship.

Now all of sudden they appreciate you. Thing are exciting and they don’t get angry when you moan or talk history all the time.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Its rubbish, you don’t get a second chance with TB once youve crossed him.

:thumbsup:

Has Potter crossed him?

Because from a business perspective, it seems to me like he made him £30 million and a Europa League run. I highly doubt Tony feels crossed at all.
When he left, they said they understood his reasons and he left on good terms and with their blessing?

Says nothing about whether its true, we would go for him or he would come....... Seeing a Gruff and sullen Billy Reid sitting back on the bench will be a bit of a come down from Andrea Maldera :(

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It’s like meeting up with your ex after a few years. She’s had loads of work done and has just come out of a toxic relationship.

Now all of sudden they appreciate you. Thing are exciting and they don’t get angry when you moan or talk history all the time.
I saw my ex after four years, and wondered what on earth I had ever seen in him.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

The only people who would consider going back under those circumstances don't realise the world is a big place and there's more to life than what you had a few years ago

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No it ain't, we can do better than him.

I will cancel my season ticket if that tw@t comes back, his boring, dull, uninspiring after match interviews, Gross would be off like a rocket.
I can't see most players welcoming him back at all.
Not sure you know what the players think. Those that remember Hughton will probably welcome him back. Most had good things to say about Potter, especially Murray who hardly got a look in!!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I've been watching Potterball again for the past couple of months.
De Zerbi had no choice.
It's been horrible. I don't want to go back.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
To be fair to Potter in particular ("in particular" because I have much the same attitude with all managers), I did listen to a couple of interviews with him that he did away from the pre/post match routine and he always seemed much more engaged and interesting on those.*
Similarly De Zerbi always seems much more lively and engaged when he's interviewed in Italian, even if I've little idea what he's saying.

If you're wondering why I bothered listening to those interviews given my general lack of interest in his opinions, it was during covid and I must have finished reading my copy of Wisden 1981 for the third time in a row.

*I guess I must have bothered to listen to a couple of his post match interviews to form that opinion. Some of the lines like "anybody who doesn't rate Dan Burn knows nothing about football" were quite funny to be fair.
His interview on mental health in football was very good and Frank as I recall

BiffyBoy

Aug 20, 2012
The only people who would consider going back under those circumstances don't realise the world is a big place and there's more to life than what you had a few years ago
I don’t know! I’ve just come out of a fling with this lovely Italian.

It started really well. Everything was exciting and passionate.

As things got more serious I asked about a longer term commitment. I could us being together for years. But they just wouldn’t commit.

All of a sudden I hear they’re meeting other people at Donatello’s.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Talkshite say Chelsea have also been talking to Maresca at Leicester.

I would be more surprised if he came here than Chelsea tbh, and more so because of the size and history of Chelsea and the fact he's just got promoted with Ipswich, who will no doubt be willing and wanting to back him too.

If he went to Chelsea or Man U, Ipswich fans may grumble, but they are 2 of the biggest clubs in the land and those sort of job offers dont come every day and may never come again. He could be loyal like Steve Cooper who also did wonders to get Forest up but still ended fired, then yesterdays man again.

To come here, he will have possibly one of the best and most patient owners in the PL to work with, great support and barring a total disaster, a much safer bet of having a few seasons to cut his teeth in the PL without the crazy pressures of one the big big clubs, and more chance of a few years than either a newly promoted club or a toxic entitled club with big ego players and whose fans will give him zero breathing space and call for his head with a couple of reverses.

It will though still be seen as treachery and bridge burning by the Ipswich fans.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Both clubs really want McKenna imo

The Potter and Maresca options are more there in drawing a line to agent that neither club will be pushed further in bidding war.
Similar financial offers, make your mind up time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here