[Albion] Kieran McKenna

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
in fairness, they will be favourites to go down with Leeds, leicester, Forest, Southampton and Brentford.
But they will definitely be seen as the most likely to finish bottom of that group.
That’s a quarter of the league (with Ipswich)…..
Don’t think Leicester will be included

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I'm surprised to see some talking about Poch being replaced at Chelsea 🤷🏼‍♂️. He's just got them firing well - I'm sure he'll stay there another season.

Yeah. It’s mad but it would be so Chelsea. They just get FOMO. Want to sign everyone. Desperate for cred.

I thought it had clicked but if Boehly replaces Poch now it would show he doesn’t get it at all.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I would feel bloody sorry for Ipswich fans tbh. You finally get promoted back to the PL and some bastards steal your manager. I’d be raging.
Just have a read of their forum and social media, your sympathy will run out pretty quickly.

Full of bitterness and delusion. The usual nonsense you see from fans of once upon a time successful teams coming up from the Championship on a high again. Why would he come here - they’re bigger than us, we’re a small/irrelevant club, they will be ahead of us in a year or two, we’ve got a boring ground, no atmosphere, we’re on a slide/going down, their players are actually better, their chairman/recruitment is cleverer than ours guff.

Every year it’s a highlight for me reading the delusion from these fans on how their club is different and they’re going to come up and be more successful at it than all the other Championship teams that come up and put teams like little old Brighton back in our place. They have no idea or completely forget how hard it’s going to be. Every season it’s the same.

Enjoy your 4 wins next season Town 👍

Last edited:

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I'm kinda hoping it's someone else just because Jacob Steinberg is pushing this so hard in the Guardian, and I don't like him (I find there's always a snide undertone to his articles about us, more so than from the Guardian's resident Palace fan Ed Aarons).

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'm surprised to see some talking about Poch being replaced at Chelsea 🤷🏼‍♂️. He's just got them firing well - I'm sure he'll stay there another season.
I would not fancy Poch here to be honest, he has the air of Fat Sam already, he looks like a dinosaur already.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Yeah. It’s mad but it would be so Chelsea. They just get FOMO. Want to sign everyone. Desperate for cred.

I thought it had clicked but if Boehly replaces Poch now it would show he doesn’t get it at all.
Poch seems like a reasonable chap. I wonder if we could tempt him if Chels gave him the boot. Tbh though he could probably get the Bayern job the way things are going for them.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
That’s a quarter of the league (with Ipswich)…..
Don’t think Leicester will be included
Neither do I, but they are likely to start the season with lower odds for relegation than they started with in 22/23.
There is still a discussion with PSR to be had, I believe.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Just have a read of their forum and social media, your sympathy will run out pretty quickly.

Full of bitterness and delusion. The usual nonsense you see from fans of once upon a time successful teams coming up from the Championship on a high again. Why would he come here - they’re bigger than us, we’re a small/irrelevant club, they will be ahead of us in a year or two, we’ve got a boring ground, no atmosphere, we’re on a slide/going down, their players are actually better, their chairman/recruitment is cleverer than ours guff.

Every year it’s a highlight for me reading the delusion from these fans on how their club is different and they’re going to come up and be more successful at it than all the other Championship teams that come up and put teams like little old Brighton back in our place. They have no idea or completely forget how hard it’s going to be. Every season it’s the same.

Enjoy your 4 wins next season Town 👍
Imagine the banner if we did secure their manager

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Not strictly true, didn’t Potter turn down Spurs? My point is that KM is likely to jump ship at the first opportunity if he does come here. Do we really want to have managers here for just a year or two? It may be inevitable if we keep getting it right I accept
The counter I guess that no interest after a couple of years suggests it’s been underwhelming all be it just enough to not be sacked

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Not strictly true, didn’t Potter turn down Spurs? My point is that KM is likely to jump ship at the first opportunity if he does come here. Do we really want to have managers here for just a year or two? It may be inevitable if we keep getting it right I accept
Two years is fine... with certain personalities that's all we're gonna get. So long as our general trend is up, I'm happy.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Someone’s put £20 on overnight

1716275077338.png

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Historically, managerial stability has been a pretty accurate predictor of success. But that's because a new manager would usually mean a whole new style of play, with all the ramifications that has on existing team members and on transfer policies.

However, clubs increasingly have a distinct style that exists independently of the manager in post, and managers are in fact recruited for how well they'll fit the club's existing style.

So I'm not sure if two-year managerial tenures are as big a problem in 2024 as they may have seemed in, say, 2004 or 1994. At least, not for a club that knows how it wants to play football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports