Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kieran McKenna

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
When reliable journalists mentioned Chelsea were seriously looking at McKenna and had made contact with his representatives, it was obvious imho that he’d not entertain a ‘sideways move’ to us. His ego and ambitions would have been heightened … European football, a £5m salary, working with a £1b squad, the potential to win silverware. Let’s be honest, we’re not in that realm. (European football was achieved with two world class CM’ers, Colwill, peak Gross, an uninhibited kid EF banging in goals for fun, unplayable wingers …. plus an adventurous coach …. our stars aligned in 2022/23). McKenna’s stock is now sky high.

Unlike most it appears, I held back from thinking McKenna would jump at the chance to coach here.

Bloom and Barber deal with these things in a cerebral, systematic way. They don’t allow emotion, hyperbole, herd instinct to cloud their judgement. Their field of candidates will go beyond the same 3 or 4 names done to death in the media and on nsc.

Trust in TB and Starlizard, all is good.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The absolute state of some of the comments on this thread.

1. There is nothing wrong with asking KM if he was interested. If he decides he wants to stay with his promoted project, that is not a "screw up" or an embarrassment, it's just the real world.

2. Why on earth is everyone assuming no KM = Potter and then losing their shit? There is literally nothing concrete to base this on.

3. EVERYTHING being discussed right now is being fed by the click-obsessed media. NOTHING is coming from the club. Do we seriously believe that TB and co are in a total panic right now? No, they are quietly and privately pursuing several pre-planned targets.
Oh, stop it. We don't want the likes of you and your sensible evaluations in here.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
At the bottom of this.

That's just speculation, because Fleet Street never admits it knows nothing. The club have meanwhile told Brian Owen that they're happy to take their time: https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/24347182.brighton-trust-process-new-head-coach-appointment/

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Always thought he’d stay at Ipswich rather than join us.

Absolute screw up from Bloom/Barber.

As If Eye Roll GIF by MOODMAN

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
When reliable journalists mentioned Chelsea were seriously looking at McKenna and had made contact with his representatives, it was obvious imho that he’d not entertain a ‘sideways move’ to us. His ego and ambitions would have been heightened … European football, a £5m salary, working with a £1b squad, the potential to win silverware. Let’s be honest, we’re not in that realm. (European football was achieved with two world class CM’ers, Colwill, peak Gross, an uninhibited kid EF banging in goals for fun, unplayable wingers …. plus an adventurous coach …. our stars aligned in 2022/23). McKenna’s stock is now sky high.

Unlike most here it appears, I held back from thinking McKenna would jump at the chance to coach here.

Bloom and Barber deal with these things in a cerebral, systematic way. They don’t allow emotion, hyperbole, herd instinct to cloud their judgement. Their field of candidates will go beyond the same 3 or 4 names done to death in the media and here.

Trust in TB and Starlizard, all is good.
I think we’d have had a chance if we could have offered European football. But not from 11th. Ipswich will probably finish above us next season, sadly.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just hope it's not that swedish lunatic.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I think we’d have had a chance if we could have offered European football. But not from 11th. Ipswich will probably finish above us next season, sadly.
Blimey! The bookies have them odds on to be relegated and us at 20/1.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am not sure they will. I watched them a few times on the telly box last season , mostly for our boy, and I wasn’t that impressed.

i would put money on 2 of the three promoted going back down with notts forest

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
He’s not coming, his Uncle, a United fan, was dining in The Goldstone 1901 East on Sunday. He’s extremely flattered by the link but has built up an amazing relationship with the Ipswich owners. Loyalty is a huge part of his Footballing DNA, in addition to this Sir Alex is one of his biggest admirers, so he will go about his business and further honing his craft in Suffolk but we could see the ultimate move a few years down the line. (If Fergie is still with us)

Part of me hopes his Uncle was throwing out a red herring but he seemed pretty genuine 🤷‍♂️

This was called a week ago, good source too.... should have listened.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Last 15 matches under Potter: W9 D4 L2

Including victories against some CL teams.

I'm one one of the smaller number who weren't angry when he left. It's just football. I'd be okay if he came back.

I'd be surprised if there is anything in this though.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
That's a leap considering the performance of the promoted clubs this season. Don't see any reason at all to think that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here